turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

For you mossberg guys

Started by savduck, February 15, 2011, 12:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Friend of mine on another board I frequent posted this today. Props to Mossberg.

First off, I have to say I never expected this outcome, so Im super happy with it.

I have always been a pump guy when it comes to shotguns, and since the age of about 16 have always had mossbergs. I still have my original and 2 others at this time.

To make a long story short, I messed up back in november. I called mossberg and shipped them my barrel for a safety check. All I paid was shipping to them. They recieved my barrel for the 835 and checked it out....Not safe to shoot due to my stupid mistake..... Mossberg dont have or make the 24 in ported barrel anymore for the 835, they quit making them some years ago None in stock. They said no worries, and forged me a new barrel from raw stock, I had the old realtree hardwoods camo on the gun, which is also outdated....they had to purchase that.. then shut down their dipping machines to run my barrel thru with the new film.

I was told that I had to pay 50 bucks to order and reset the machines for the film.... I was like ok... no biggie. I m also thinking thats gonna be on top of the cost of the barrel.....

I recieved the barrel back this week, to my surprize they added a new extended choke AND new adjustable fiber optic sights to the barrel.The original barrel...didnt have these...
The camo matched PERFECT!!.
I guess I want to say thank you to an American company who took care of a longtime fan of their guns. Now out of production barrel, matched the camo, added a choke and new fiberoptic sites....Now the kicker, I was told if it wasn't for the old camo, they would have dipped it in a modern one and everything would have been FREE!!... Not warrentee work, old gun that I messed up...
Total cost.....me shipping them the barrel and the $50.00 for the camo....that was it!

Now thats taking care of your customers!!! A Big thanks to Mossberg!

Georgia Boy

mossy835

Had a 410 bolt action Mossberg as a kid, great gun. Bought a 835 ULT mag 2 years ago and no issues. Glad to hear what I knew their customer service is great. Glad to hear your results!!
:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

grousec

Now that is service!!  Other gun mfg's ougt to take some lessons from them and apply them.  Thumb's up to Mossberg!

VAHUNTER

man that is great to hear!!! Mossberg is #1 in my book
Good things come to those who wait

knightrider

new2turkey

Now THAT is good to hear!  :icon_thumright:

My first shotgun I purchased this last december was a mossberg. I have also been slowly changing it to my turkey gun.

allaboutshooting

That is truly excellent customer service. Way above and beyond the call.

Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

mcgruff1533

That's awesome!   Makes me very happy that I bought a 535 instead of an 870.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

bassmaster1228