OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Knight & Hale

Started by VA_Birdhunter, February 15, 2011, 12:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

Its always been a spring tradition for me to buy the new Knight & Hale ultimate spring video every year.  Which I also buy the primos and other various ones but Knight & Hale was the first I ever purchased many moons ago and as some of us crazy turkey hunters are we get into habits & traditions and this is just one of mine!  So I've already purchased the primos truth DVD this year and have been waiting on the knight & hale to come out.  I decided to contact KH and see when it might be out and I get a response saying "There will not be a Spring turkey hunting video this year they did not do one".  I sent a message back to try and get a reason why just to see if anything might be wrong with Dave or Herold but I never got a response back.  Just wondering if anyone on here might know anything or may have seen them at the convention.....since I didn't get to go I have no clue. 

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

savduck

Dang man, that sucks. I used to love their videos too back in the old days. Havent bought but one or two since Chuck and Waltor moved on. They seem VERY commercialized the last couple of years. They sold out to a big corporation a few years back. Hope its due to some corporate money crap and not their health.

Back when turkey videos first started coming out, they had the best one for many years. I remember one hunt, I think ultimate spring 3 or 4. Harold is in Mississippi and there are some birds HAMMERING it. Four of them walked out of the swamp and you could see their breath when they gobbled. MAD used to have some good stuff to before they sold out.
Georgia Boy

joey46

It looks like they are really winding down the personal stuff.  Be interesting to see if they show up at the NWTF Nashville event.  I was lucky to have lived for a few years in the western Kentucky area.  I was close to their Cadiz Kentucky operation when it was in full swing.  Met and talked to both of them on many occasions just as a "fan" stopping by the store.  Both truly "good guys".  We all get old.  Hope they are enjoying their time off.  Is their TV show still around?  Haven't seen it for awhile. 

redarrow

Last I heard they were winding down a bit. Probably enjoying the fruits of their labor. I will give Charles ( Harolds Bro.) a call later today and see if all is well.

hookedspur

They are two of my favorits
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

shootumindaface

Bring Chuck and Walter back for videos....

I havent bought one since the one with Pretty Boy and Elevator music during hunts

You also gotta figure the Hunting channels on the TV and the internet availability of turkey hunting videos has greatly hurt DVD sales

VA_Birdhunter

I do miss Chuck and Walter they were a huge part of that show.  I can understand them wainting to step back away and enjoy the fruits of there labor.  I just hate to see it go.   I do agree the last few DVD's have had alot of advertiments etc.  But I still had to watch Herald and Dave.  From what I've seen they appear to be  some good guys I do hope I can meet them both one day!   

My first mouth call was a knight & hale  a Walter Parrot championship cutter to be exact and I called in a bounce of turkeys with that call and have owned several of them.  I still buy KH mouth calls to me I think they make some of the best!

God Bless

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 15, 2011, 10:08:47 AM

I havent bought one since the one with Pretty Boy and Elevator music during hunts

That was Ultimate spring 12  and the name of the DVD was  'Gobblers gone Wild".  The music they played during the hunts ruined that video.  I actually e-mailed KH after that explaining how they killed that video and they respond back that they would keep that in mind.  I do know they never done that again so they probably got some bad feed back on it.

God bless

camp man

I'll miss those videos. Harold Knight is a good turkey hunter. David, not so much......