turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Videos of some OLD GOBBLER Call makers

Started by savduck, August 07, 2011, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

I got a secret stash of money to buy a few calls with. I dont own hardly any of the call makers on this board, and have been watching the posts closely so i could make a decision and pick a few up. Made my mind up on two. Im very pleased with both call makers. The sound quality and the fit and finish on both my calls is excellent.  Thought I would post a little video review for them, and hope that it helps both of these gentleman sell a few more calls. Joe and Brian, thank you very much. Great job.

Joe Slaton, Mother Lode Turkey Calls.....walnut copper pot with maple striker

Brian Mero, Mero Custom Calls........African black wood Trumpet. Im a rookie on a trumpet so cut me a little slack on my ability, but know that I got this call on Saturday, and what i can do on this trumpet has been learned over the last 24 hours. These calls are very easy to run

Georgia Boy

drenalinld

Sounding great! I have a ceramic walnut pot from Joe and I can hear similarity in your call. You sound good on the trumpet! Love those kee kees!  :you_rock:

M,Yingling

Looks like you picked up some fine sounding calls  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

doepee

I sure wish I could pick up my trumpet and sound like that .... I have had mine for several months and its still like the first day..... bad

savduck

It is learning curve for sure. My lips are on fire. Probably got 10 hours of use and only had it 24 hours. i can sit back and run it good for 5 minutes, and then turn around and suck at it for 5 minutes.
Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

Good job Del. You might need to sit still when using that trumpet. All that movement is going to give your position away. lol Glad you like the call.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

A guy from another message board named it the "turkey trumpet trot".......My lips were on fire and I could hardly stand it when blowing that thing. I have some sores and ulsers on my lips today....guess I practiced to much. Oh well...Ill be ready to kill someting with it next spring.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

Quote from: savduck on August 08, 2011, 05:36:53 PM
guess I practiced to much. Oh well...Ill be ready to kill someting with it next spring.

No such thing as too much practice. Mero trumpet is in my near future, but I would be divorced if I practiced that much in a weekend....lol

savduck

Quote from: drenalinld on August 09, 2011, 08:10:42 AM
Quote from: savduck on August 08, 2011, 05:36:53 PM
guess I practiced to much. Oh well...Ill be ready to kill someting with it next spring.

No such thing as too much practice. Mero trumpet is in my near future, but I would be divorced if I practiced that much in a weekend....lol

I sent her out on a girls night out Saturday evening. Me and the kids Saturday aftternoon until about 2 on Sunday when she got home. I even have the 5 year old making some squeals on it.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

I even have the 5 year old making some squeals on it.
[/quote]

I like it!! :you_rock:

gatrkyhntr70

sounds great, nothing wrong with your trumpet sounds great!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

The Cohutta Strutter

Two very nice calls Del. I can see a gobbler responding to either one. :icon_thumright:
Anybody seen America lately?

870BkWht

Savduck,  those calls sound awesome.  Im sure you will be ready to use them when the time comes.  Congrats.