turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I got drawn for an Alabama gator tag

Started by Beretta686, August 02, 2011, 10:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

I was drawn a couple of weeks ago for an Alabama gator tag in south east Alabama. I drew a tag last.year and killed my first gator,what a rush. Last year my friend killed one 10 1/2 foot and mine was just over 8. I was using archery equipment. The mandatory training class is this weekend and weakness opens on the 12th. Three of my friends also were drawn too.

Looking forward to hunt. It's only 90 miles from the house so I can make the trip several times. The only problem is it opens on my wifes birthday. Lol that's okay, I don't plan to hunt on the weekends. I hunted during the week last year and was the only boat out there.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

drenalinld

That sounds like a blast with archery equipment. Can't wait to see pigs of the hog you're going to smoke!

TRKYHTR

I would like to do that one of these days. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

LX_Trkyhntr

Congrats on the tag!!  That is a dream hunt of mine as well!!  Tell us about your archery setup.  Do you have any pics of last years gator?
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

hookedspur

Quote from: LX_Trkyhntr on August 03, 2011, 09:58:52 AM
Congrats on the tag!!  That is a dream hunt of mine as well!!  Tell us about your archery setup.  Do you have any pics of last years gator?
:agreed: take lots of pics.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

vicksburg

Sweet! Post some pics. 
We got some private land tags here in MS a couple of years ago and had a ball.  We killed 7 in 2 nights.  Snagged them with a rod and reel, faught them to the boat and popped them with the 410.
]

Beretta686

I shoot the muzzy gator set up on a Pearson Bow. It is actually the bow I set up to shoot video with ( my Monster was too fast for the video and they put a speed limit on it because the fast arrows even with blunts were damaging the screen). Single lighted pin set on 20 yards, small light with a pressure switch.

It has been so hot even at night the hogs have not wanted to play. e could find them in the thermal, but the fog rolled in and we could not see through the fog with the night vis. Saturday night we saw nothing, hunted 3 places, didn't even see any deer moving. Mosquitoes were out in full force though. LOL
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

tra_cline

cool deal, good luck sounds like quite a few  drew gator tags this year, We are going sept 15 for Megan's gator hunt in SC