OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

House Break In..

Started by Hognutz, August 02, 2011, 02:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hognutz

Went to the family cabin in northeast Wi. on Sat. morning, expecting to stay untill next Sunday. Got a call on Monday morning from my mother-in-law saying that when she went inside to bring in our mail, there was glass all over the floor. She backed out and called 911. While we were gone, either Sat. or Sun. night some low life smashed the window out of one of the bathrooms and robbed us. We live in a rural area, right off of a main hwy. Our neighbors are not very close, and they are growing corn around us, so it blocks their view anyway. I was 4 hrs away with stuff to pack and a boat to load. I called the sheriff's department, and was told that it looked like kids that did it. All they took was a couple of change jars (Probably $150 or so) and about $120 in bills that we had set aside for the Visa bill. They went through every drawer in the house. Did not ransack it. They pushed all the drawers back in. No finger prints. They were wearing gloves. So I need a new window. They also tried prying a service door into the garage, but that did not work, so that is bunged up, as well. $1000 worth of damage and they stole about $300. Makes you want to cry. It is a violation of the worst degree. Needless to say, I would like to catch these thievin' little buggers and teach them a thing or two about messin' with me and my stuff. The guns, except for a few old ones, are locked up. My Harley and the wife's new Acadia were not touched.They even left two knives that were in one of the change jars. I guess they just needed some quick cash. So now we are home after two days of a ten day vacation. It could have been way worse, so in that respect, I guess I was lucky...Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

barry

drenalinld

Sorry to hear that. It sure makes you feel violated.

4nwtf

Quote from: drenalinld on August 02, 2011, 03:12:50 PM
Sorry to hear that. It sure makes you feel violated.
:agreed:  I have had a couple of vehicles stolen and broken into.  It is very irritating and it would not do for me to ever catch them.    :smiley-char092: :character0029:

guesswho

I hate to hear about that.  it's getting to be a pretty common occurrence.  Karma will catch up with them at some point.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

savduck

Sounds like someone you know. Kinda ironic it happened when you just left. Mention it to anyone with some teenage pot head kids that you know? They may not have done it, but bet they know who did.
Georgia Boy

lightsoutcalls

Sorry to hear about your losses and the messed up vacation.  Hope they catch the little turds.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

gob09

Quote from: savduck on August 02, 2011, 04:44:53 PM
Sounds like someone you know. Kinda ironic it happened when you just left. Mention it to anyone with some teenage pot head kids that you know? They may not have done it, but bet they know who did.

what he said

Preacher

not sure , but sounds like drugs,   man I am so sorry.
Romans 8:37

neal

Quote from: gob09 on August 02, 2011, 05:14:17 PM
Quote from: savduck on August 02, 2011, 04:44:53 PM

what he said
+2!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

gatrkyhntr70

sorry to hear this; This would be one of those moments you would have loved to walk in and catch them in the act.
See how they would like a pair of handcuffs.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

BOFF

Sorry to read. You are so correct in it could have been worse. To have the house ransacked, things broken just to be broken, smashed, and in disarray is heart breaking. Glad it was relatively minor in the repairs and stuff stolen. :)

God Bless,
David B. 

stone road turkey calls

very sorry to hear, glad everyone is ok. I lost a 16 gauge shotgun my father gave me when i was a kid the same way.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

flintlock

Dang Mike, sorry to hear about this, glad they didn't ramsack it!
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!