OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

new test of do all choke

Started by SumToy, August 02, 2011, 11:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

I know this is not a turkey Target but I have always said I workbook the working man.  This was 00 buckshot in a 10 inch circle at 30 yards.  Now we have called this the do all choke around the shop.as we joke about it.  I shot duck loads this morn also I will post in a few.  This is also the choke that TJ shot the tss out of.    I plan on shooting a turkey load in a few to just see if it is a true do all.  Looking for the choke that will fit all your needs out to 40 yards and only buy one. :fire:

Brad smile this was one of them 24 inch 835's that kick like a mule.  I hate to shoot turkey loads but I think the buckshot got them beat .LOL
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

fallsflight

Would like to see what the patterns are with the duck loads between 30 and 40 yards.  Also, what brand duck loads are you shooting?

SumToy

I try to get them to load but it say they to big so I will retake them or get them smaller.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

fountain2

Send em to me and post em.  Shoot some xperts and black clouds...all this in 3 or 3.5?

SumToy

Ok I try. This new phone make my hair turn gray

[attachment deleted by admin]

SumToy

Black clouds 3-3-11/4 that is a 20 inch

ILIKEHEVI-13

Is that your .698 choke?  Somewhere around .695 to .705 ought to be a do all choke I would guess.  

fountain2

its not 698..that is my big number, head blowin off nitro choke.  this choke has a different internal layout and is 720 constriction...its all in the layouts. it did well with the tss, but i want a little more..bout as even as could ask for.  i got one of these "do all chokes" for my benelli and for tss, steel, and sporting clays..its mean!  i post pics in a little bit. 

that buckshot pic is pretty impressive to me..a deer is in big trouble with that to 50 easy.  that is a super pattern and best ive seen with 00. 

keep on testing bro! 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well when I was talking about around .700 maybe even to .710 would be considering lead turkey shooters.  It's just hard to get the pellet count you need at 40yds when shooting lead with much bigger of a choke I would say.

ILIKEHEVI-13

But I could see a .720 choke still killing a turkey at 40yds. 

3" 870 Shell Shucker

For the purpose of #'s Comparisons only.  Not being critical of your chokes.

3" Shells with 15 Pellets, at 35 Yards, Patterned Yesterday, using Primos XFull "Dead Deer" Buckshot Chokes, and Winchester Grey Box 3" Magnum 00Buck in an 870, a BPS, and a Mossberg Model 500:

My patterns at 35 Yards had All 15 Pellets in 14.25"-15.25" Circles, and 9-10 Pellets in 10" Circles.

The RemChoke and Invector are both .690

The Invector+ is .700

All 3 Barrels are 28".

fountain2

Im sure this is just a test for turkey loads, knowing other constrictions do great.  
Here is my "do all choke" and a few patterns:

This is the choke and pattern of tss 9

fountain2

Here is black cloud 3" #3..151 in 20"

SumToy

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on August 02, 2011, 04:38:51 PM
For the purpose of #'s Comparisons only.  Not being critical of your chokes.

3" Shells with 15 Pellets, at 35 Yards, Patterned Yesterday, using Primosg XFull "Dead Deer" Buckshot Chokes, and Winchester Grey Box 3" Magnum 00Buck in an 870, a BPS, and a Mossberg Model 500:

My patterns at 35 Yards had All 15 Pellets in 14.25"-15.25" Circles, and 9-10 Pellets in 10" Circles.

The RemChoke and Invector are both .690

The Invector+ is .700

All 3 Barrels are 28".

That is what looking to see I post not to push my chokes but to get feed back to see how they do.
Now I have gone to look at it one more time.
30 yards  winchester shell 24 inch barrel
10 inch had 13
151/2 had other 5.

Now I have found that the 23/4 pattern best and the the 3 inch   the 3 1/2 has been the nightmare but think this is the ticket.  

Brad I joke about building a do all choke that someone can buy and be like a new improved old school gun that folks use for everything.   I just think out side the box sometimes think about the working man that may not be able to buy a choke for every type hunting.   I  will be hard to do over 40 yards but I think 75 to80% of birds are killed at 40 or less.   I have found when you get away from the net folks not real big in pattern of gun.  :-\

fountain2

El cheapo xpert 4s