OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Im pumped, My Mero trumpet is ready.

Started by savduck, August 01, 2011, 05:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

I sent funds to Brian Mero for that Osage trumpet in the Classys, then spoke with him and changed my mind, because he had other wood and was willing to build me a different one. Its  going out in the mail this week, but he sent me a photo just after he finished it. Ive heard them over the phone and they are an awesome sounding call. Im very pleased to say the least. These things should cost a lot more than I paid. I almost feel guilty. I just want to say thank you to Brian. He has been awesome to deal with, and Im pumped about how nice this thing turned out. I hope I can do it justice when running it. You guys should look into his trumpets.  

www.merocustomcalls.com

Georgia Boy

neal

Brian is a good friend of mine and I own several of his calls he and his calls are top notch!
Congrats on a great caller you bought yourself!

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

savduck

Well, I plan on spreading the word and getting his name out down here in GA. I think its a BARGAIN for a custom trumpet that looks and sounds as nice as his. If he wins a few more ribbons and Wilhelm pulls out a win in Champion of Champions these babies are gonna skyrocket.

Neal please shake his hand for me since I cant be there to do it, and tell him that its from me. Im very pleased.
Georgia Boy

kenturkey89

Congratulations on your new purchase...sounds like you made a great decision  :icon_thumright:
Brian

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

The Cohutta Strutter

Nice one! Congrats to both you and Brian. :icon_thumright:
Anybody seen America lately?

drenalinld

Great looking call! I was also eyeing that osage trumpet.

turkey slayer

neal

You are correct $75 is a steal he just won the Turpin award at Nationls, and has placed countless times. These are one of those calls that if you don't buy one now you'll be kicking yourself when then run up to $150++ and it's a year+ wait on a list.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

savduck

Quote from: neal on August 02, 2011, 10:46:40 AM
You are correct $75 is a steal he just won the Turpin award at Nationls, and has placed countless times. These are one of those calls that if you don't buy one now you'll be kicking yourself when then run up to $150++ and it's a year+ wait on a list.

1st in class, 2nd in class, and the Tom Turpin at nationals, and then Wilhelm is running his trumpets in the calling comp. He was what, 2nd or 3rd in it this year. Im going to get a 2nd one in a few months.
Georgia Boy

merocustomcalls

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm high-stepping at the fire station right now!

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

handcannon

Really fine looking tooling on that peace pipe!  Its purdy!!!

Trumpetyelper

I just got my call also.. very easy playing trumpet..  love the work