OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

College football

Started by drenalinld, July 31, 2011, 09:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

Is anybody else excited for the start of college football. Is your team going to be good?

My Razorbacks have a few questions. The offensive line has very little experience, but if they can gel quickly I think the Hogs will be tough to handle. More offensive weapons than a defense can handle. The SEC West will be brutal again.

hookedspur

Heck Yea cant wait Go MOUNTAINEERS !!!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

drenalinld

That WV-LSU matchup should be a good one!

RutnNStrutn

I'm always excited for college football!!! :you_rock: :icon_thumright: :z-guntootsmiley:
My Florida Gators have got a lot of question marks. New coaches, untested recruits, young team, grueling schedule, but a lot of talent. But I'm no fair weather fan. I always say......

4nwtf

ABSOLUTELY :z-winnersmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :you_rock:

My team looks to be pretty good but the SEC is tough and the West is really tough.  
If you want to go to heaven and walk the streets of gold, you have to know the password...ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

West Augusta

Quote from: drenalinld on July 31, 2011, 10:27:04 PM
That WV-LSU matchup should be a good one!

The WVU - LSU game is going to have something extra this year.

Press release

The "We Remember" Mountaineers on the Bayou Brunch was the brain child of four star Louisiana chef Steve Herbert benefitting remembertheminers.org and is sponsored by themountaineernation.com, tagalaya.com, the WVU Alumni Association, in partnership with the Richwood Grill and chef Marion Olinger.

The menu is a mesh of traditional international morning dishes presented in the unique style and flavors of Louisiana cuisine created with soley West Virginia regional fresh food offerings in the mission of Olinger's vision for the enterprise. Marion's menu on days when his kitchen is not being shared with a fella out of region aims to give you a an international experience made with grown at home fresh product. he even smokes his own locally raised bacon.

Steve, who operates the Abita Springs Cafe in Abita springs, Louisiana, was inspired by the similarities in the rivals' cultures in this anticipated matchup in Touchdown City, and had this to say regarding his inspiration for the event:

"WVU and LSU fans were voted the worst fan bases in all of college football by GQ...a magazine that probably doesn't sell many subscriptions in our two states...yet everyone seems to get along on the two (sic) fanbases. Maybe the rest of America doesn't understand that the two regions both had a unique culture that was different from the rest of America....

And how, actually, our fan bases are really patriotic about their culture and this translated into passion for our teams.

I started realizing how the mining explosion and the BP explosion had a lot in common. People were working in dangerous situations extracting fuel out of the ground and when something goes wrong, there's not really anywhere to go."

Steve goes on to say: "It's about the miners NOT us." This collaborative effort between the opposing fan bases benefitting an organization seeing to the success of the blue collar people of a similar culture should be an inspiration to us all, and remind us that everything that happens on that field is all business, but what happens in the stands can become forever memorable.

Appearances at the event will include the Pride Alumni band, the Mountaineer, along with celebrity appearances by staff and athletes from both teams.

Join the We Remember team at the Richwood Grill (reservations accepted at 304 292 1888) from 7:30 -11:00 AM Tuesday, September 20 though Gameday Saturday, September 24 when all profits and tips will go to remembertheminers.org. And thank your chef for being a reminder that there are Mountaineers in every heart. Come taste the Bayou!

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

drenalinld

West Augusta - That's a very cool tribute!

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

dirt road ninja

LSU. Can't wait to see how many games Miles throws away for us this year. Wish he would have went to Michigan.

davisd9

Cannot wait!!!  Will be at Bank of America Stadium Sept. 3rd for SC vs. ECU!  TAYLOR, LATTIMORE, JEFFERY, and now CLOWNEY.  GO GAMECOCKS!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ghillie

Looking forward to see how the Hawkeyes will do this year with the new QB...one of our running backs is not a freshman this year and I think he will be great...Coker will run hard this year if he can stay healthy...

the Big 10 has a new addition this years as well...welcome to the Huskers...It's gonna be a great game when the Hawks go to Lincoln the day after Thanksgiving!!

There will also be a championship game for the Big 10 this year...will be interesting to see how it works out

kdog

Definately going to be a interesting year for my Buckeyes,,,,after a off season FULL of turmoil,new coach,freshmen qb,,,not to mention the pending sanctions the NCAA is gonna slap us with.