OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wild hogs - february?

Started by flintlock, July 31, 2011, 07:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintlock

Guys,

A longtime buddy of mine wants to go somewhere in February to hung hogs and take his 15yr old son.   If anyone knows of a place that you could recommend in the eastern US, shoot me a PM.

THanks so much
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

savduck

Georgia Boy

Old Gobbler

Florida is slap full of hogs , but there is no season in Feb
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

gotcha

Quote from: Old Gobbler on July 31, 2011, 08:39:17 PM
Florida is slap full of hogs , but there is no season in Feb
Just to clear up OG's reply,hogs on private land are open year round.WMA's are mostly closed then with the exception of some special hunts.One of those occured the month of Feb this year but due to the amount of calves/cows killed and overall abuse to the resource its doubtful it will open again.I shot you an email with some info.

dirt road ninja

Shouldn't have to go far. They are popping up everywhere.

lightsoutcalls

You might have him check the web for guided hunts.  I know in my situation, we have access to public land where we can hunt hogs with rimfire ammo.  I don't have the time to get out and scout these places, but I know hogs are there.  If I wanted to plan a weekend trip and wanted to make memories by being able to have increased chances of killing a hog, I would check with a guided hunt.  There will be added expenses involved, but the chances of having a successful hunt will increase. 
That said, the place I plan to take a future hunt is in south Oklahoma at SSS wildlife ranch.  He has 200 acres high fenced for hogs.  He is now realizing that even fences can't keep them all in.  Now he's offering a discount on hogs that are outside the fence in his primary hunting areas.  Something neat about this place is that you get a chance to see animals from several continents on a 3,000 acre ranch.  He has a couple of different lodging options as well.  He hunts year round. 
I've worked out a deal with him to go down and cut firewood for a couple of weekends to reduce the expense of a future hunt. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Tail Feathers

You could likely find someone closer but we have no season here in TX.  Can hunt them 24/7/365, even from a helipcoter now.  Danged pests! :fud:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

honker22

anybody can go anytime to my land in East Tx
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.