OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Buddy Question---What Should I do?

Started by gatrapper, July 29, 2011, 09:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Every boy grows up at some point in time into a man. Sounds like you are thinking like a man, and they still want to be boys. No shame in drifting apart from your boyhood friends when your ready to be a man.

If you dont want to partake in what they do....tell them so, and let them know why. We have plenty of quality public land in our state, there is no excuse for poaching on someone elses.
Georgia Boy

Ol'Mossy

I used to have some friends that I used to drink beer with but when I gave up drinking they dropped me like a lead brick.  They used me alot for certain things and only called me when they wanted something.Want to know something? I don't miss them a bit, I guess they weren't my friends at all. I've known them for 20 years.

WyoHunter

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on July 29, 2011, 10:01:14 AM
I'ts time to find some new friends, they will never change. do it now and get over it.
Good advice!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

ILIKEHEVI-13

I reread what you wrote.  If you feel your friends are using you, I would find new friends.  For these will never be friends to you.  

Old Gobbler

if all they call you for is access for hunting properties , and they never return the favor -- well that's not buddies , that's called - being used
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

BOFF

Reads like you already know what to do anyway.

I try to do things for others, without wanting anything in return, OTHER THAN, appreciation. It's the lack of appreciation, which bothers me. Hope it works out for you, as I'm sure it will.

God Bless,
David B.

GOLD HUNTER

Preacher

remember : you got to be careful being the "Moral Police" :jesus-cross:
Romans 8:37

gob09

all you can do is what you know is right for you.... noone else will   good luck

lacountryboy

Quote from: Preacher on August 01, 2011, 03:37:47 AM
remember : you got to be careful being the "Moral Police" :jesus-cross:

Very good advice.
William

gatrapper

I don't want to sound like Im on a high horse. 

Im just the type of person who doesn't really care for law breaking and going about life these guys do.  Im not a law breaker, drinker, or smoker, which should say a lot for a 22 year old college student.

I doubt I will take the guys fishing or hunting again until their act straightens out.  We all used to be very tight, but once we all finished high school and some got married and/ or started working full time they changed their standards. 

They all come great families, just can't figure out why they are choosing to live like this.
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Preacher

life is a slippery slope morally sometime,  at least for me,  I really like the fact that you are willing to stand for what right,  but just remember its real easy to be very convicted of something you are not guilty of.   

I am not saying join them and allow yourself to be pulled down to thier level. but rather than focusing on thier mistakes ,  try to see some postive.    instead of using your engery on them ,look for ways to improve yourself. 
Romans 8:37

Muskie03

I heard a saying many years ago and it helped me for the better, it reads like this:

"You ARE who you surround yourself with."

If you want to be better surround yourself with better people.

I had old friends that I was really tight with that I let go years ago because they were dragging me down. Now I am a lot happier and thankful that I chose to do so.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

guesswho

I'm 51 years old now and I have some friends who never grew up.  They are still my friends and I'd do anything to help any of them and they know it.  But they also know there's a line drawn and they don't cross it, I guess thats how were still friends.  My point is you don't have to write them out of your life, just let them know where you stand and your real friends will never cross that line and the others will move on on their own.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Devastator

sounds like your being used like a floormat.if they are true and i mean true buddies you can tell them whats on your mind and you will find out which ones are still your buddies.