turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ebay Turkey Beards

Started by BigGobbler, July 28, 2011, 04:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGobbler

I was over looking around on ebay and came across a guy that is selling Turkey Beards. He has one that is 8 beards and its going for 120 bucks now and also one with 5 beards for 90 bucks. wow people will do anything, think I would be pretty hard up to sell ones like that.

drenalinld

I saw the same thing. I would hate to think that's why they killed them! I also saw some 1-1/2" spurs go for $150.

On the other side, who wants it if you didn't kill it?

I see duck and goose bands on there all the time. I guess you could build a spur necklace or a goose and duck band lanyard and call yourself a guide?

TRKYHTR

I didn't know it was legal to sale wild game/parts.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

hookedspur

Quote from: drenalinld on July 28, 2011, 04:41:23 PM
I saw the same thing. I would hate to think that's why they killed them! I also saw some 1-1/2" spurs go for $150.

I see duck and goose bands on there all the time. I guess you could build a spur necklace or a goose and duck band lanyard and call yourself a guide?

:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Tail Feathers

Getting them is the fun part!

Buying them would make them worthless.  It's the experience and remembering that when seeing them...not the numbers one can collect.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

guesswho

Hmmmm.  It might be cheaper to just buy them instead of actually hunting for them.   Plus I could sleep late.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

stinkpickle

Quote from: guesswho on July 28, 2011, 06:28:28 PM
Hmmmm.  It might be cheaper to just buy them instead of actually hunting for them.   Plus I could sleep late.

True dat!

fl panhandler

I certainly would NOT want anyone else's beards or spurs.  I guess some people might sell their "trophy's" to help go get more of them.
Rick

Hognutz

Quote from: TRKYHTR on July 28, 2011, 05:46:50 PM

TRKYHTR

They sell big deer antlers all the time. They go for big bucks..No pun intended..You see stuffed animals for sale as well..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jde

sounds like asking for bad carma, call me silly

warchickenchaser

I know we've all been through some tough times, but there are far more things that will go up for sale before my beard and spur collection. (house, truck, girlfriend, etc.)  :toothy12:

spurman

Quote from: TRKYHTR on July 28, 2011, 05:46:50 PM

TRKYHTR

It is against the law in KY.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

chatterbox

I can't even understand why someone would buy them. Would be worthless to me.
But to each his own.

GobbleNut

There are definitely states where selling/buying wildlife parts, even it is legally harvested and owned by someone, is illegal.  When interstate commerce laws regarding wildlife are added to the mix,...like what would probably happen with an ebay sale,....both the seller and the buyer could be in big trouble.  Jail terms and giant fines are not out of the question, not to mention loss of hunting privileges, and felony restrictions regarding guns. 

I can't imagine why anybody would want to buy things like old turkey beards to begin with, but it certainly is not worth the possible legal risks involved. 

....Now, that turkey mount that was on sale a while back,....I would have to seriously contemplate taking the risk to get a beauty like that one!  (I think Ronnie got it,....lucky guy!...but, being the benevolent dude he is, I am sure he just bought it to send to the NWTF museum)
:D     :newmascot: