turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

USA Financial Crisis

Started by bird, July 28, 2011, 02:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

There are two groups of voters in this country. The ones that get it, and the ones that don't. Sadly the group that doesn't get it greatly outnumbers the ones that do. The only way they will get it is if something happens "to them," causing them to finally get it. Call it the proverbial slap upside the head. I think the only thing that would do that is if the financial bottom actually did fall out. Not a default where we lose some rating in the international community, but an actual all out economic bottom like my granny used to talk about when she lived through the depression. She was from a generation that got it. She kept money under the mattress, only spent money she had and knew that you were lucky to have food on the table. When hard times hit and I know they will soon that will be the wake up call to this country needs and we will finally throw every one of those self serving bums out of Washington.

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: S.C.C on July 28, 2011, 09:08:57 PM
"IN GOD WE TRUST"  until more people start believing this again truly there will be no fix!!

I'm with you.  

We could drive ourselves crazy trying to predict or second guess what might happen.  We can crank up our blood pressure by engaging in rants about who's to blame for what.  What does blaming get anyone?  Until those in power recognize that there is a problem, lay their differences aside and decide to tackle said problem without going on rabbit chases about everything under the sun, we're going to continue to see this kind of mess.  A great line from the first Spiderman movie from a few years back sums up Washington "along with great power comes great responsibility".  Too many there want to be in charge and are willing to sacrifice us in the process.  There is a detachment from reality that seems to set in on many who have been in office for years.  

What can we do? Sure you can write your senators and congressmen.  In all honesty, how many have received sincere responses that show that your contacting them will influence the way they vote on an issue?  By all means, voice your opinions to them, it surely can't hurt.  What is the best response?

http://theresponseusa.com/

Check out the link above.  Listen to the heart of the matter.  Focus on the solution, not the event or the presenter.  

2 Chronicles 7:14

New International Version (NIV)

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

bird

Who is considering withdrawing their savings until the dust settles?  Its not like you will miss much in interest earned as the interest rates on savings accounts are horrible anyway. 

stinkpickle

Quote from: bird on July 29, 2011, 08:44:55 PM
Who is considering withdrawing their savings until the dust settles?  Its not like you will miss much in interest earned as the interest rates on savings accounts are horrible anyway. 

Not I...a dollar will be worth a dollar, no matter what a dollar will actually be worth.  Besides, it would probably end up in some stripper's g-string if I took it out of the bank anyway.   ;)

econo

Quote from: S.C.C on July 28, 2011, 09:08:57 PM
"IN GOD WE TRUST"  until more people start believing this again truly there will be no fix!!

I agree 100%
May God bless you all

Tail Feathers

Despite the lower credit rating I think money in the bank is still reasonably safe.  My biggest nest egg is my pension which is backed by the faith and credit of the State of Texas.  I hope that's enough to keep it safe.  I doubt I'll ever see the Social Security money I paid in since I was 15.
My other savings and investments are out of the market and in fixed accounts now.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

jde

Good thing about being poor we never notice the recession. A country boy and his family will survive. We work till we drop dead anyway. I vote Rep but dont trust any of them they are all carreer jack wods. I will take care of my family and folks thats all I can control. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an10 yrs for Uncle Sam tought me to cover my own backside:)

Limbstrutter

Looks like some sort of deal was made , I knew they would they to have a lot to loose .
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

CASH

As usual, they get their faces all over the news for a couple of months and then "miraculously" come to a deal at the last minute. 

Bunch of friggin' frauds.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.