turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got rear ended today!

Started by barry, July 25, 2011, 04:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

Well, I headed for my regular Dr.'s appointment this morning. I was just on the outskirts of the city in a 45 MPH zone when a car in front of me stops all of a sudden, I hit my brakes and get stopped about 2 feet from his bumper. I had no more than stopped when traffic starts to move again but before I take my hands off of my brake lever the car behind me slams into the back of my van knocking my wheelchair out of its' lockdown (yes again!) and I end up much closer to my steering wheel and dashboard than was comfortable.
Damage to me: maybe a bump and bruise.
Damage to my van: dented bumper.
Watching tow truck driver pry my trailer hitch & ball out of the grill of a Crown Victoria which I assume was owned by the parents of the young man driving...PRICELESS!!!

Hognutz

Glad to here that you are O.K., and that you actually got a little bit of enjoyment out of the ordeal. It could have been so much worse.. You must have a bullseye on your van..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hookedspur

Glad you are OK ,and that it wasn't much worse, things can happen so fast.  :mycross:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

OLE RASPY

Glad your ok barry and the lord was watching you again today. :jesus-cross:

GOLD HUNTER

Crappiepro

Quote from: hookedspur on July 25, 2011, 05:06:11 PM
Glad you are OK ,and that it wasn't much worse, things can happen so fast.  :mycross:
Yeah, things could have been worse!

mossy835

You are lucky and got a laugh too. Glad you are okay and that your van is good to go.

turkey slayer

BOFF

Great attitude Barry.

Good to read you, nor the van suffered much damage!!  :bike2:

God Bless,
David B.

drenalinld

Glad you're ok! Beef up that hitch.....lol

LX_Trkyhntr

I'm glad you are doing okay Barry!! 
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

lightsoutcalls

Good to hear you're alright.  Those receiver hitches are bad news to incoming vehicles and shins of unobservant pedestrians.  :-X
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

vaturkey

Glad you're ok Barry !! Take Care 

Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey