turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Custom Carbide Lathe Tool

Started by Sanatorium, July 24, 2011, 07:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanatorium

This is what you get, the custom lathe tool made from hickory 16 inches in length, 10 1/2 square carbide inserts enough to keep you going for a very long time just ask Pappy. He has only had to rotate his insert just one  or two time in the last year. These tools work great for those hard woods and acrylic as well as aluminum, copper and brass. I use the same tools on all my lathes. Price these out. Ewt makes severaltools that cost a bundle and you only get just 1 insert with the handle. Im offering 10 inserts, set screws to lockem down all for $125.00 to your door. You cant beat this one.
If your interested please feel free to contact me.

Sanatorium

pappy

OK...... let me be the first to comment on this tool. Bryan has made me several over the years, they WORK like a MULE and much like the Energizer Bunny they never run out of the ability to turn the shavings off like slicing through butter with a hot knife!
I have used mine for a year and more, and I have turned hundreds of calls with only changing out the insert once, and wouldn't have done that only I wanted to turn some Acrylic and thought that the bit needed to be sharper, and most likely it would have done the job just as well as the new one.
This particular tool would make a great pot call tool, bowl or platter tool or anything that would require a smooth finish. You cannot go wrong with this one, the bits themselves would cost you as much as he is wanting for the whole tool! pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

gobbler74

Gotta second that. Heluva deal. Buying the blades alone if you went to local craft shops are $15 apiece. Someone in need should get on this one.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

ILIKEHEVI-13

We used to use those type inserts to machine differential cases when I worked at Dana Corp.  Sandvik makes those inserts.  They aren't cheap either.  

http://www.smallparts.com/sandvik-coromant-carbide-multi-layer-thickness/dp/B0040QDE4E?ref_=bng_pf_B0040QDE4E

I can tell you they lasted a long time.  And that was on steel.  On wood, it would be hard to ever wear one out even in a years time of doing a lot of turning.