turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Shade Mountain lb

Started by greentrout, August 31, 2024, 06:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greentrout

A couple of years ago I reached out to Ernie asking for a matched set of trumpets and a matched long box and scratch box. He ended up matching them all out of Osage and I got a beautiful Osage over black walnut long box as my first. He told me then he wanted to build another that he considered a better hunting call when I was ready. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and fall season started to really weigh on my mind. I decided I needed to make an effort to learn how to play my long box. Pulled it out and found a post from boat paddle here and a video of Marlin Watkins explaining how to run a boat paddle that made a world of difference in my ability. I fell in love fast with a long box. It's funny because I am not a fan of a short box at all really. Reached back out to Ernie and went with his favorite combo - a bloodwood over butternut call. Came in today and just like all my calls from Ernie, it's full of feathers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

greentrout

My collection (for now) of long boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMO

That's a great looking call, nice

3bailey3

paboxcall

The longbox addition has started.

Congrats on a couple of awesome calls!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

boatpaddle

Two fine looking calls from a fine gentleman...

Congratulations..

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

packmule

Nice butternut there, congratulations on a great call.

greentrout

Quote from: paboxcall on August 31, 2024, 09:36:09 PMThe longbox addition has started.

Congrats on a couple of awesome calls!

The addiction has taken over!

turkey stew

Congrats on a fine longbow from Ernie.

Greg Massey

Congrats, I have some of his calls myself ...

EZ

Congrats on those killer calls by one heck of a guy!!!

Lcmacd 58