turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

editing. photoshop ?

Started by Franklin7x57, August 19, 2024, 06:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franklin7x57

First, I'm not a photographer, but I have a few hunting pictures that I would like to edit out my truck in the background. I've watched some videos and ads using AI and it looks easy. Is it really that easy to use and is it worth it for 3 or 4 pictures?

Sir-diealot

First off I am in no way, shape, or form an expert, I am maybe a step above a beginner if not still a beginner. The answer is NO it is not that easy, especially when you are starting out, just like turkey hunting it takes time to learn.

Those guys that make it look easy have been doing it a while in most cases, I have seen some people pick it up and go like gangbusters. (I hate those people)

I have taken people out of pictures, which is not real hard depending on the surroundings and colors they are wearing and background colors. AI does make some things easier, though I have not played with it much.

Here is an edit I did, I have a LOT of time into it, and I am still not happy with it.

Original Picture

Edited Picture

If you look to the front of the train you can still see the outline of the woman and the same of the people in the back.

By the way, no, it is not worth it for just a few pictures. I have edited some stuff for others here, I am willing to try if you would like me to but it may take me a week or so, my girlfriend just got out of rehab after breaking her second hip in four months and I am caring for her, if you are willing to wait I am happy to help.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Franklin7x57

I think you did a great job on the train. Thanks for the offer on the editing but you have enough on your plate. God Bless You.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Franklin7x57 on August 20, 2024, 06:15:33 AMI think you did a great job on the train. Thanks for the offer on the editing but you have enough on your plate. God Bless You.
Thank you. If using your phone look into a free program called Snapseed, does well with several things, I have not used it to remove things as I have very large fingers and I have a hard time editing on cell phones.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Franklin7x57

Thank you, Snapseed worked pretty well.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Franklin7x57 on August 20, 2024, 06:35:46 PMThank you, Snapseed worked pretty well.
Glad to hear that.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

John Koenig: