OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

pistol grip stock options?

Started by sswv, June 05, 2024, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sswv

I'm looking for a new pistol grip stock for my 21" 870 20ga. I had a ShurShot but it was just not for me. Something about the size of the grip and my hand didn't get along. I'm looking at a Choate but would like to know what other options are available. Any advice will be appreciated.

thanks 

nyhunter

I have the Choate stock om my 20ga 870 compact and I absolutely love it.

nyhunter

I forgot to add I had mine cerakoted along with the forearm and it looks great .

sswv

thanks for the reply nyhunter. did you buy the Choate forend as well?

Roost 1

I would highly recommend Mesa tactical urbino stock.

Greg Massey

I have a Choate on a 870 / 12 ga. and I also got the forend ...

This was several years ago. I was the first in my area to add a pistol grip on a turkey hunting rig.

Do I think it's better than my Shurshot on my 20 ga 870 rig,   NO

sswv

hey Roost 1.  that Mesa looks really good but their website doesn't list one for a 20ga Remington, just 12ga.

Franklin7x57

WV Flopper

Did you check MPW's for options?

sswv

I did check MPW but couldn't find anything for 20ga.

WV Flopper

It's an out of the park shot....

My son has a M2 20g.  Couldn't find a M2 20g stock for it, so I bought a 12G M2 stock for it.

The 12g is slightly bigger, there is a bump up between stock and receiver. Very slight, Not enough to bother me for sure.

Maybe something to look at.

sswv

been there and done it with the adapter. I actually tried it with the Black Warrior set I have listed on here for sale and it just wasn't for my liking. I'll be posting it for sale/trade later but I thank you for the reply.

Roost 1

Quote from: sswv on June 06, 2024, 09:25:14 AMhey Roost 1.  that Mesa looks really good but their website doesn't list one for a 20ga Remington, just 12ga.

You won't have any trouble with that Lucy adapter.
It's the best set up I've found. I'm just mad they don't make one for M2 20ga.

FLGobstopper

The Mesa Urbino with Lucy adapter is rock solid on my 20ga 1187. I have 2 other 20ga guns with pistol grips a Franchi and Weatherby and this one is my favorite setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk