OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How are you cooking the harvest?

Started by Zobo, May 29, 2024, 09:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

Made meatballs with wild mushroom gravy over buttered noodles. What did you all make?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Dougas

Smoked whole breast, sliced and served with rice and veggies. Turkey leg/thigh tacos, pot pie, stew, turkey and rice soup And nuggets with sweet potato fries and slaw so far.

FullChoke

https://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=21601.0

I found this recipe years ago and have cooked at least one of the breasts of every gobbler that I have shot this way ever since. It's easy and absolutely delicious.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Zobo

I'm gonna try to make turkey piccata tonight.
Sliced breast meat dredged in seasoned flour, cooked in butter & olive oil. Wine, lemon, turkey stock, diced tomatoes and capers and olives  cream and basil. Done
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Hook hanger

Grilled some turkey nuggets wrapped in bacon on the grill last night.

Happy

Cold smoked and then fried in butter and creole seasoning. That's the only thing that I am allowed to do with it now. I will use hearts and gizzards for tacos.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Bedge7767

Jim

3bailey3

Very nice Zobo! %95 of the time it"s fried!

3bailey3

The other few times we make poppers!

roberthyman14

Quote from: Dougas on May 29, 2024, 11:27:54 PMSmoked whole breast, sliced and served with rice and veggies. Turkey leg/thigh tacos, pot pie, stew, turkey and rice soup And nuggets with sweet potato fries and slaw so far.
What was your prep/seasoning. What temp did you smoke at and then pull at?   I've got 1 breast in the freezer n thought bout smoking it

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

LOL.

Barely had time to freeze the harvest let alone eat it.

This weekend I plan to smoke and slice a breast. I will also slice and deep fry another breast.

The fried breast is good and way easier

NYturkey

In a crockpot with a little chicken stock for 6 hours until you can shred with a fork. Then mix in some gravy and serve over mashed potatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Bailey3 hit a couple of my favorites. We also smoke the breasts and get our" deli turkey" from it which we make turkey/cheddar/bacon paninis. All other parts usually get braised and used in pies or turkey salad. Z

Shiloh

Used to only fry it, but now mostly kabobs.  Cut breast across the grain into 1" cubes.  Marinate over night.  Cut up deer sausage in 1/4" disc.  Cut up onion and used can pineapple chunks and whole button mushrooms.  Have your 15 year old daughter stick the kabobs.  Grill lightly and enjoy.  They are also better the next few days. 

KYTurkey07

:drool:

All this recipe talk and pics made me pull some turkey breast out of the freezer!