Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I think I did the right thing

Started by zelmo1, May 19, 2024, 06:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Hunted yesterday afternoon, no go in the morning due to my dam back. Got a bird to gobble, set up on him and he came in fast. Sounded " Jakey", squeaky and short. Came in and hopped up on the stone wall about 15-18 yards. Gobbled his head off. 7ish inch beard, small bird. Green dot on his head, safety off. Nope, he walked off gobbling and finally strutted when he was leaving. He had a full fan. I got a good look at him and am happy I didn't shoot him, Tom or Jake, not the bird I want to end my season on. Z

FullChoke

Whichever direction your heart told you to go would be the right thing, Z.

Well played, player.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Bottomland OG

At the end of the day it's your hunt so it's your choice. Only you know how you want to end your season. Personally it doesn't hurt to let one walk away once and while.

Vintage

If your good with it thats all that matters. Shoot what you want.

zelmo1

Twowithone

If he survives mother nature he,ll be bigger next yr hopefully you 2 will meet again. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Roost 1

Saving one for me, I like it!!  :happy0064:

Sir-diealot

Nothing wrong with that, I know some have thought I was crazy for not shooting turkey with my gun and shooting them with the camera instead. There was one last year though that given another chance at him I would have taken him after seeing the pictures.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: FullChoke on May 19, 2024, 08:01:08 AMWhichever direction your heart told you to go would be the right thing, Z.
Agreed, if it was the bird Z wanted, he'd have squeezed the trigger. Good job Z!!  :icon_thumright:

callaway71

Good decision. Hopefully you cross paths next year.