News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Turkey Gun Builder?

Started by gatrapper, May 07, 2024, 10:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Yoder409

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 09, 2024, 11:47:41 AM
Quote from: SumToy on May 09, 2024, 08:27:01 AMBuy the gun you like with camo or coating you like.  Put a choke and sight on it.  Spend the rest on gas to go hunt.  :z-twocents:  :z-twocents:

This right here ... X2

X3

And SumToy is THE GUY that I would go to for the tube and sight mount !!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Adam0988

Black River Precision LLC if you want to tune up that remington.

Notsoyoungturk

My first turkey gun was an also the 870 Super Magnum.  I added a Patternmaster Code Black (tried about 5 different chokes until I found the best).  I never pulled the trigger without a dead turkey.  Decided I wanted to go lighter and semi-auto.

Bought a Beretta A-300 Ultima turkey.  Saved several hundred dollars because it was Mossy Oak DNA and they were closing out the pattern in the A300.  I posted a link back then to the sale.  So far, no turkey has lived to complain that he didn't like the pattern.  I put an Indian Creek choke and Holosun 507c on it and it patterns as well as any gun I have shot.  It has shocked my buddies that spent big dollars for customization.  Setup shoots best using Apex TSS. 

Look around, you may still be able to find one in MO DNA that is on close out.  Looks like Midway has it marked down to $649. It is a gun that will last your lifetime and you can pass to your kids.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear