Previous topic - Next topic

Do you hunt turkeys in the fall?

Yes
No
Hunt while hunting deer, etc.
Would like to try it
Don't have a fall season

WyoHunter

How many hunt the fall turkey season? I'll be hunting them this fall for the first time.  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

savduck

Dont have a fall season here in GA. Been to WV plenty of times when it was in, but since I was there duck hunting, none of my buddies ever wanted to chase gobblers. I would like to go.
Georgia Boy

hookedspur

No we cant hunt where I Live.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Ol'Mossy

I hunt the fall every year

lacountryboy

I love it.  I have to travel out of state to do it, but I manage to  make 3-4 trips each fall.
William

clarksvalley

i usually have a call or two with me when i`m bowhunting deer in the fall,or if i fill my deer tag i`ll chase them with the shotgun.

rtsj

Quote from: savduck on July 18, 2011, 10:28:50 PM
Dont have a fall season here in GA. Been to WV plenty of times when it was in, but since I was there duck hunting, none of my buddies ever wanted to chase gobblers. I would like to go.
Savduck:

Your not that far. Come on up and we can chase around a couple flocks. It will be alot of fun!!! Southwest Pa. Lots of fall birds. Usually between 20 and 80 birds in a flock.

Roy

Dinger

I went to Kansas about 4 years ago in the fall.  You can buy "4" tags in the fall.  Nobody was around....the turkeys were herded up and they were STUPID!  I did not have any problem killing two birds....both nice 3 year old gobblers.  Did not call them in.  They were both ambush kills.  I have been hunting in the fall ever since.  Mainly to scout out an area for spring hunting.  If you have a spare weekend in the fall.....you should try fall turkey hunting....it is a blast!

mcgruff1533

I normally hunt Turkey's in the Fall, but this is the second year in a row that Michigan is not allowing a Fall hunt in my area.

You can hunt Southern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula, but no hunting in the Northern Lower Peninsula.    Looks like I might be doing some driving this Fall, because I don't want to miss another Fall hunt.

ffmsb

Anyone hunt turkeys in the fall in florida????? just wondering if its pretty much the same as the spring.

vaturkey

Fall turkey hunting is a blast !  Only bad thing is that if you kill one here in Va. in the fall , thats one less  gobbler in the spring you can kill. Only allowed 3 per year, spring & fall. Been thinking real hard on a Boykin turkey dog for fall hunting. Have never turkey hunted with a dog. I hear its great !

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

woodchip

Anymore that is all I hunt during the Fall.  I hunt deer just enough to put some in the freezer.  I hunt turkeys in the Fall mainly with a bow but use a shotgun during the two shotgun seasons.  If you really want to hear turkey talk start Fall hunting.  The hen talk is awesome and once in a while the toms do gobble.

woodchip

Quote from: ffmsb on July 19, 2011, 10:15:19 AM
Anyone hunt turkeys in the fall in florida????? just wondering if its pretty much the same as the spring.
Fall turkey hunting is totally different than the Spring no matter what state your in.  I enjoy it just as much as Spring hunting.

ffmsb

What style of call should I look at using? Yelps, purrs etc