turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OMG What Has Turkey hunting come to!

Started by eggshell, April 16, 2024, 01:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10th Legionaire

Quote from: Old Swamper on May 12, 2024, 10:43:42 AMThere are very, very few anymore, who abide by the self imposed, rules of engagement, myself and the old men who taught me have set. Could care less about anyone who does it any other way, no matter how many they kill. Proud to be "old school" and one of the "elite" ;)

I'm self taught when it comes to most all hunting and fishing and I've done my best to keep my efforts as old school as possible.

To me killing a turkey is secondary to the pursuit and its process.
Less is more

ChesterCopperpot

I just don't know what these types are getting out of the experience. I don't understand the motivation. I don't understand what is accomplished. The longer I go the more I cherish the ones that whoop me, and I will not cheapen the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Found out it is very much illegal to shoot down a drone, FAA can even get involved in the case as many have to be registered depending on how high they go. Something like a $10,000.00 fine and possible jail time. Also the are banned in all national parks and many state lands.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sanders153

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 03, 2024, 08:58:30 AMFound out it is very much illegal to shoot down a drone, FAA can even get involved in the case as many have to be registered depending on how high they go. Something like a $10,000.00 fine and possible jail time. Also the are banned in all national parks and many state lands.

That doesn't surprise me that there are ridiculous stipulations attached to them.. So many things have red tape all around them these days it seems

zelmo1

KYTurkey07

Dougas

Quote from: ruination on May 11, 2024, 10:27:43 PMI wonder how many of you guys run trail cams.

Zero for me.I like the element of surprise.

Lcmacd 58

No trail cams here
I scout by boots on the ground ....

Hook hanger

Quote from: ruination on May 11, 2024, 10:27:43 PMI wonder how many of you guys run trail cams.

I run a few on a couple farms. More so to let me know if I have trespasser/ poacher issues. I do get pictures of turkeys too. It sure is easy now to send the picture to my law enforcement buddy and him to swing by and confront them instead of me having to do it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Sanders153 on June 03, 2024, 09:48:10 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 03, 2024, 08:58:30 AMFound out it is very much illegal to shoot down a drone, FAA can even get involved in the case as many have to be registered depending on how high they go. Something like a $10,000.00 fine and possible jail time. Also the are banned in all national parks and many state lands.

That doesn't surprise me that there are ridiculous stipulations attached to them.. So many things have red tape all around them these days it seems
I am all for it in national/state and county parks or anywhere the public can be put in danger by them, they are a danger to those not using them, I have seen people get hit with them before on a few occasions. I will be honest, as a photographer I am interested in getting one but I choose not to because simply put I do not have good enough eyesight or hand coordination to run one and I would hate to hurt or kill anybody with one of them so I don't bother.

Also who wants to go to a park and hear a thousand drones whirling around them when they are trying to enjoy the sights and sounds of nature?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

High plains drifter

Quote from: lalongbeard75 on April 16, 2024, 02:41:42 PMI don't consider it elitism. There are certain rules to the game. You don't shoot ducks on the water you don't shoot fawns or deer at night etc. There are rules to the Turkey hunting game. Anyone that says otherwise is not a true Turkey hunter but a wannabe. If you can't call him to the gun and too the gun means 40 yards are less you ain't much of a Turkey hunter to begin with. If you need some toy helicopter to find a gobbler, or use anything else to short cut finding a gobbler you a 2 bit hack. If that offends it's supposed to.
yep I agree.goid one.

High plains drifter