OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Does Turkey Season Really End?

Started by Greg Massey, April 15, 2024, 08:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickbow98

Thanks guys. My wife is going to drive me out a few mornings so I can at least listen to some gobbling.
:gobble: No sweeter sound to me. Appreciate the concerns.

Ron
Stickbow98
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

fmf

Quote from: WV Flopper on April 15, 2024, 08:18:11 PM
YES, Thank God is does come to an end for Spring Season!

I hate the last day of season! But I love the day after!

That is how I feel about it.  I can finally sleep in, or go fishing, or catch up on chores and just generally get my life back in order again.  The briar scratches on my legs can start to heal, I can spend more time with family and friends, chase women, balance my budget again, actually focus at work and get caught up, get my truck showroom clean again.  Basically, all the things I like to do or need to do that get pushed to the back burner during turkey season, and I feel great once I get all caught up again.

Meleagris gallopavo

I'm lucky to live close to the state line and have access to property in both states.  I had 2 years where I killed turkeys on opening day and the last day.  Some years I get an invite to go out of state which helps lengthen the season.

But like Greg said, I spend the rest of the year buying calls, upgrading equipment, and just thinking about turkey hunting.  Each year when I'm hunting I have ideas about apparel or equipment that would make my experiences more enjoyable and less aggravating.  I keep a list of these things and chip away at them as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.