turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does Turkey Season Really End?

Started by Greg Massey, April 15, 2024, 08:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeybutt

If I'm not hunting turkeys, I'm counting the days until I can hunt them. If I'm not doing that, I'm checking my shotguns, trying new sights, new ammo or buying various items to make my hunt more pleasurable.
At other times I on here reading various threads that are helpful or talking to friends from Old Gobbler or various call markers I know on the phone.
I guess my turkey season will end when I'm toe up and Grey Massey or Tom007 are doing my eulogy.

ScottTaulbee

The 23 days that I can tote a gun ends, but the other 342 days I'm practicing calling, looking for new spots, looking for turkeys to watch, building calls, buying calls, trading calls, selling calls, and day dreaming about it all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: Turkeybutt on April 16, 2024, 03:42:55 AM
If I'm not hunting turkeys, I'm counting the days until I can hunt them. If I'm not doing that, I'm checking my shotguns, trying new sights, new ammo or buying various items to make my hunt more pleasurable.
At other times I on here reading various threads that are helpful or talking to friends from Old Gobbler or various call markers I know on the phone.
I guess my turkey season will end when I'm toe up and Grey Massey or Tom007 are doing my eulogy.

No way brother. You ain't going there anytime soon! You got too many turkeys to harvest my friend.......
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Quote from: Tom007 on April 16, 2024, 01:18:52 PM
Quote from: Turkeybutt on April 16, 2024, 03:42:55 AM

No way brother. You ain't going there anytime soon! You got too many turkeys to harvest my friend.......

Amen Tom, NO time soon we still have gobblers to chase ...LOL... turkeybutt... :fud:

Turkeybutt

On second thought, I better write it for you. Lord only knows what you might say and I might be kinder on myself than the two of you!

Greg Massey

Quote from: Turkeybutt on April 16, 2024, 04:51:03 PM
On second thought, I better write it for you. Lord only knows what you might say and I might be kinder on myself than the two of you!

You know me, i may start talking about going to the fair and wanting to see the Hoochie Coochie Show .... :TooFunny:

Turkeybutt

There is something seriously wrong with you!

Tom007

Quote from: Turkeybutt on April 16, 2024, 05:44:11 PM
There is something seriously wrong with you!

Steve, how bad can a eulogy be for a guy named "Turkeybutt"?  :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

GobbleNut

I wouldn't say that thinking about turkey hunting ever ends, but I learned long ago that the time between seasons creeps by much more slowly without other distractions.  I get my spring gobbler hunting "fix" in the off-season by visiting this place on an almost daily basis, but I have other passions...mostly hunting and fishing pursuits...that keep me from dwelling on how long it is until the next spring.  Now, mind you, none of them have quite the grip on me that spring gobbler hunting does, but they do have just enough of a grip for time to pass much more quickly, it seems, than it would otherwise. 

Then again, there is also that old saying that time starts to fly by as you get older.  I have definitely found that to be the case,...and I suppose that could have something to do with it, too.   :D ;D

Turkeybutt

Tom I think if I leave my eology up to you and Greg Massey I know somehow it will end up being like a Dean Martin Celebrity Roast or a segment of Ronan & Martin Laughin.

Stickbow98

Well, my Turkey HUNTING season has just ended before it even got started!
Took a bad fall yesterday and fractured my foot in 3 places PLUS ruptured 2 discs in my back. ????
1st time in 42 yrs I'll miss any part of a Turkey season...let alone ALL OF IT!!

Time to live vicariously thru "Old Gobbler"... Best of luck to everyone!

Ron
Stickbow98
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

Turkeybutt

Wow Ron sorry to hear that! I hope everything goes well for you in the upcoming month's. I'm sure you will be in the prayers of many of our members. Keep us posted on your recovery.

Tom007

Quote from: Stickbow98 on April 16, 2024, 10:55:41 PM
Took a bad fall yesterday and fractured my foot in 3 places PLUS ruptured 2 discs in my back. ????
1st time in 42 yrs I'll miss any part of a Turkey season...let alone ALL OF IT!!

Ron
Stickbow98

So sorry to hear that Ron. Get better soon! If you can, get Physical Therapy on your back. I herniated 2 discs playing Hockey years ago, the weeks of therapy got me back in action. It's tough to do, but it will help you....good luck.
"Solo hunter"

GobbleNut

Ron
Stickbow98

Now that REALLY is a bummer.  I can't relate...yet.  I have not missed a season since somewhere in the early 1970's, but with each passing year I increasingly wonder when something like what happened to you ends up happening.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery with no lasting ill effects.  ...Plan on hitting 'em twice as hard next year...   :icon_thumright:

Greg Massey

Ron
Stickbow98

I know that's very depressing having to miss turkey season. But take care of you health and before you know it you will be back in the turkey woods.. Your more than welcome to PM me anytime and we can talk turkey hunting or just shoot the bull about whatever... Get Well....