OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Does Turkey Season Really End?

Started by Greg Massey, April 15, 2024, 08:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

I had a person ask me yesterday if you are tagged out your season is over. I told him, NO my turkey season is just beginning, I'm prepping and preparing for the next  spring opening season.

For some it could be the opening of the fall season.

So again for some of us does turkey season ever end ?

Tom007

The season never ends, there is just a break from the actual harvest. This forum keeps it going for most of us year round!
"Solo hunter"

Spitten and drummen

My season goes the whole year. It's like playing a sport. Practice more than you play the actual game. Come game time , I'm ready to go.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

runngun

For me the State says that I can hunt them for 30 days. But "Turkey time" doesn't end. I am making calls, buying older calls from others, sending me calls, acquiring supplies, and I am always "Preparing". And not to mention I love to read, especially about the wild turkey!
As always-Remember to have fun! Have a good one and May God bless y'all!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Tail Feathers

The defined season to hunt will end, but the passion, preparation and dreams of it don't.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

MK M GOBL

Nope never does.

The year starts out with shows and seminars.

I am basically scouting year-round as I keep tabs on the flocks, young/poult production.

Then actual Hunt Scout Time, 10 weeks in the spring pre-season through season end

Then Hunt for 7-8 Weeks a year in the Spring

As soon as June hits I'm back to doing Display Work! 9 months of the year

This year took to building decoys and selling them too!

Food Plot Time / Predator Control / Burns / Nesting Habitat all in there too.

So, the answer is nope it never "ends".

MK M GOBL

Cowboy

365 days a year for me... I want to know where they are and what they are doing !  The kids even keep their eyes open, going to and from school and ball games...

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

appalachianassassin

No such thing as tagging out just buy a license in a different state and start all over

richard black

Nope, never does. Always thinking, planning, scouting, practicing. Always exciting.

Sungrazer

How ironic. Today was my opening day and I was thinking about just this on my way home from the family Morel spot after our 1pm cutoff.
The day my season ends I'll be fixing to get ready for the next season!

Cut N Run

for when I can legally hunt with a gun, yes.  For when I can pursue everything I can to learn and understand turkeys, no.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Marc

Last day of turkey season, I empty out my vest...  Eat the left over snacks, clean and properly store all my calls (maybe keeping an older diaphragm to practice with), hose down the vest, and put everything away...

My off-season activities for turkeys generally involve looking for new areas to hunt....  For anything.  Attempting to acquire permission, and looking for potential public areas...

I did purchase a new gun prior to turkey season...  This summer I will pattern it, and come up with my optimal choke/shot combination for ducks and turkey.  Not looking foward to that at all.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

ElkTurkMan

Not for me especially since i purchased my own ground a got into photography

SwampRooster17

On the calendar? Yes but I'm in turkey mode 365!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

YES, Thank God is does come to an end for Spring Season!

I hate the last day of season! But I love the day after!