OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need a house for free?

Started by Basser69, July 18, 2011, 05:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Crazy indeed!! But, I can understand both sides. I see why the neighbors are mad at him. And I also see, if what he says is legal truly is legal, why he thinks it is his house.
I saw a story on the news here in Florida last year. A guy went on an extended vacation, and while he was away another guy broke in and started living there. The owner's neighbors called him. The bad guy even had the owner's utilities shut off, and his own utilities in his name turned on by the time the owner got back. The cops wouldn't arrest or evict the guy. The owner had to hire a lawyer and start eviction proceedings, which takes quite a while and a lot of money. Isn't that crazy????

barry

Squatters Rights?
Looks like he done staked his claim and someone will have to spend a lot of money to get him out.

savduck

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 18, 2011, 05:57:26 PM
Crazy indeed!! But, I can understand both sides. I see why the neighbors are mad at him. And I also see, if what he says is legal truly is legal, why he thinks it is his house.
I saw a story on the news here in Florida last year. A guy went on an extended vacation, and while he was away another guy broke in and started living there. The owner's neighbors called him. The bad guy even had the owner's utilities shut off, and his own utilities in his name turned on by the time the owner got back. The cops wouldn't arrest or evict the guy. The owner had to hire a lawyer and start eviction proceedings, which takes quite a while and a lot of money. Isn't that crazy????

Seems to me the original owner could have gone in and shot him. Claimed self defense. there is no paperwork showing the original owner was selling or renting the house out....proves the other guy broke in, and the original owner is defending himself.

Squatters right are bogus man.
Georgia Boy

BigGobbler

I agree with savduck  shoot um on the spot.

savduck

Quote from: BigGobbler on July 18, 2011, 06:40:19 PM
I agree with savduck  shoot um on the spot.

A bullet is a lot less than a lawyer
Georgia Boy

RutnNStrutn

Still would have needed a lawyer after they arrested the owner for murder. He called the cops & they told him to get a lawyer. ???

savduck

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 18, 2011, 06:55:38 PM
Still would have needed a lawyer after they arrested the owner for murder. He called the cops & they told him to get a lawyer. ???

Dang our laws get all twisted up dont they.

Man comes in while you are there, you shoot him, its self defense.

You leave and come home to find a man in your home and you shoot him its murder, because he is squatting and you have called the cops first trying to avoid bloodshed.

This teaches us all a valuable lesson. Shoot first, call cops second.
Georgia Boy

dirt road ninja

Crazy. I'll get him out for a fraction of the cost of a lawyer.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: CamoMan4025 on July 18, 2011, 07:36:54 PM
Everybody is just peed cause they didn't think of it........put the shoe on the other foot and see how upset they would be.....

Got to agree. 

I'd call it genius if he can in fact pull it off and nobody can stop him legally. 

mossy835

He must be related to someone in the White House(redistributed wealth)?
:emoticon-cartoon-012: :emoticon-cartoon-012: :emoticon-cartoon-012:

econo

Quote from: mossy835 on July 18, 2011, 08:12:32 PM

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :icon_thumright:
May God bless you all

Basser69

Quote from: econo on July 18, 2011, 08:39:45 PM
Quote from: mossy835 on July 18, 2011, 08:12:32 PM

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :icon_thumright:

X 2 that's just funny!

Old Gobbler

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 18, 2011, 05:57:26 PM
I would handle it this way .......pull up to the house with a few friends and the airboat in tow on the back of the truck -  tell him face to face that the lawyers wont be able to hear you from way out in the swamp -

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Turkey Trot

I don't know exactly how adverse possession/prescriptive rights work in TX, but the bank will fight him, can make an example of him for others that might consider it, and make him wish he had never done it.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter