OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

how many snakes

Started by dirt road ninja, July 18, 2011, 12:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

Curious to know how many snakes Ya'll encounter this past spring.

I came across 4. 1 was a 3 foot copperhead which I shot. 2 were king snakes and the last is unknown. I saw all of them on afternoon hunts.

The evening I shot the copperhead, I roosted birds not 150 yards and 5 minutes later from where I shot him. The birds appeared to not have been bothered at all by the shot.

redarrow

Hunting Michigan the only snakes I ever see are Garters and the occasional Hog nose.

Basser69

I usually dispatch 2 or 3 rattlers a year. This past spring I did not see a one!

njdevilsb

Here in NY, I can honestly say I have never seen a snake while hunting.  They don't bother me though, but I don't have to deal with the ones you guys down south do.  Spiders on the other hand, I can't stand those things.   :o

West Augusta

I didn't see any this year.  Last year I saw one black snake and one large garter snake.  They both lived.
It is rare to see a copperhead or rattlesnake in this part of West Virginia.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

honker22

1 cottonmouth in MS, 1 rattlesnake in TX... may they rest in pieces
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

savduck

4 black racers, 1 mocassin, 1 rat snake. All survived.
Georgia Boy

Nimrodmar10

Caught one corn snake for a friend. That was the only one I saw.

LX_Trkyhntr

Quote from: dirt road ninja on July 18, 2011, 12:40:18 PM

The evening I shot the copperhead, I roosted birds not 150 yards and 5 minutes later from where I shot him. The birds appeared to not have been bothered at all by the shot.

Did you kill one of the turkeys, that's the questionn??? ??? ???

I did see one king snake this spring, and one green garder snake.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

dirt road ninja

Quote from: LX_Trkyhntr on July 18, 2011, 04:18:20 PM

I did, but not like I had planned. A feral dog was in the area the next morning and I had to wait the birds out. Had 2 jakes and a 2 year old come in @ 945. Back to the truck by 10.

RutnNStrutn

Saw 2. 1 mocassin that got away. And 1 unknown snake that scared the pants off me. It came slithering in right towards the spot I was sitting. It was about 6 feet long, fat, but fortunately had a squirrel or something in its stomach. I jumped up, threw sticks at it and it went down a hole. I moved to a different spot. :lol:

LX_Trkyhntr

Quote from: dirt road ninja on July 18, 2011, 04:30:54 PM
Quote from: LX_Trkyhntr on July 18, 2011, 04:18:20 PM

I did, but not like I had planned. A feral dog was in the area the next morning and I had to wait the birds out. Had 2 jakes and a 2 year old come in @ 945. Back to the truck by 10.
I love it when a plan comes together, even if you have to improvise.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

OLE RASPY

Jay

None. I thought I'd see some in Florida, but thankfully not.

hookedspur

I hunted WV , Ohio ,and Kansas and didnt see a one . :happy0064:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions