OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

how many snakes

Started by dirt road ninja, July 18, 2011, 12:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roosterpull

I have seen one timber rattler in 23 years of spring gobbler hunting in Western Maryland. I remembwer that is was May 4, but don't remember the year. Probably 2000 or so. It is illegal to kill them here.

BigGobbler

Seen like 7 cotton mouths 2 pigmys and 3 or so banded water snakes

harvester

I can't recall about this spring but I did kill 3 copperheads saturday weedeating next to the woodline.

WyoHunter

None in my travels to WY, KS and NE.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Tail Feathers

Just two.  The one I stepped on and the one I saw in the creek before I crossed it.

Both are still alive as far as I know. 

I did make a rather funny noise as I realized I had just stepped on a snake's tail and was about to put my other foot on his head. :help:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Preacher

I see several every year, 6-12 or so.   I never have shot one,  turkey shells are too exspenive,   to many clubs (sticks) ( grolla warfare),  if I was going to make a habbit shooting them I would carry some left over dove shells.
Romans 8:37

Crappiepro

Opening day of the Indiana season, a buddy and I was setting in the blind we had set up the evening before.  We had a 12" or so garder snake in the blind before daylight, it went across my boot laces. I heard the leaves or something, turned the flashlight on and there it was. Needless to say I woke up my buddy by flipping the blind over and yellin, well you know the  rest of the story. I'll save face while I can LOL.

paturkeyhntr

Hunted 3 days in North Carolina and saw 6 black snakes and 1 green snake.  PA is my home state and I normally don't see any snakes in the spring.

longspur

no snakes while hunting but I did see one while fishing

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Roostem33

One big Rattle snake that I did away with and a couple of King snakes.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

swampgobbler

i saw 4 cottonmouths in one trip....  but as you can see from my handle, i hunt some rough spots

oatsj

redleg06

I was surprised (in a good way) that I didnt see any this year.  Thats not the norm for me in my neck of the woods

catdaddy

I have been know to kill a snake now and then. Got this one turkey hunting in N Mississippi