News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First steps into a larger world.......

Started by chatterbox, July 17, 2011, 06:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Well the time has finally come.
We just came back from dropping Harrison off at Cub Scout Camp.
I know he's ready, but I'm not sure I am ready. I know he'll be fine, but he's never been away from us before for any length of time, and never for summer camp.
I guess I'll be ok, but I can't wait to pick him up Thursday!

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Hognutz

He'll be just fine. It's probably more of an adjustment for the parents than the kid.  :anim_25:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

shark

being a scout leader most kids are fine, some get a litle homesick but they are usually kept busy during the day and wore out by the evening. I dont know where he is going to camp but where we are there are usually between 600 and 800 scouts at camp each week. If you have never been it's an adventure, and if you can go to the closing campfire the last night do!
my son is leaving wed. morning for a 57 mile 5 day trip kayaking down the river, 12 boys for 5 days on te river without a good bath, yea!

hookedspur

Quote from: Hognutz on July 17, 2011, 07:15:02 PM
He'll be just fine. It's probably more of an adjustment for the parents than the kid.  :anim_25:
:agreed:  :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

sugarray

Not looking forward to my kids getting big enough for these things!

chatterbox

Well, we picked H up from camp last nite! Boy was he one wiped out little camper, but he had a blast!
On the last day of his swimming, instead of doing his group swim, he decided to try for his swimmers badge, and he got it! I am so proud of him! He grew up alot in a short time!
He had a ton of fun, and more importantly, grew as a young man!
As a side note, when we were leaving, we were treated to seeing a momma hen and her baby out in the soccer field!
It was a very nice evening, and am I glad to have my little man home!

LX_Trkyhntr

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i