turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Displaying multiple beards

Started by 2flyfish4, April 07, 2024, 08:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2flyfish4

I know there was a thread about this sometime ago, but I can't find it.

Shot a nice 3 bearded turkey this weekend.

Anyone have any recommendations or creative ways to display multiple beards?

TIA

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

JeffC

Congrats. Goggle mounts of "gobbling tree roost Tom". Bette ones then this, but its shows Tom gobbling leaning off limb, best way to show multiple beards.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

jhoward11

Agree with JeffC, on a limb is best.

3seasons

Congrats on a fine one.

This is how I did mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2flyfish4

Thanks, I should have clarified. I'm poor and don't have the money for a full body mount.

Just looking for ideas to display them like a fan mount, or similar.

I am looking at doing a War Bird mount. Just not sure how the beards will be displayed.

jhoward11

Dang you 2flyfish4...Never seen that before, and now it will probably be my next mount. When my wife says why, I blaming it on you!!!

Treerooster

Here is a multy beard I displayed. I kept the beards on a strip of skin and pinned & stretched that out to dry. Didn't want to stretch them too far but enough so the space between the beards is apparent.

Then I trimmed the dry skin to a more straight strip and whip stitched that to a 1/8" dowel rod. The whip stitching was a bit tedious but I wanted it to cover up the dried skin. Then I painted any exposed dowel rod (actually a black marker pen) and hung it with some leather thong. Whip stitched the leather at the ends to have a loop for the dowel rod to stick through. I coated the whip stitching on the rod with Elmers glue to hold everything in place. A thin coat dries clear.