OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ONLY AN IDIOT MOWS HIS GRASS IN 100+ weather

Started by Jay, July 17, 2011, 01:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBiologist

I think I have had to mow about 3 times since green up this year.  We are as dry as a popcorn fart around here.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

doublegobble

:o great, now I have a mental picture of Jay riding his lawnmower in his speedo. Make it go away!
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Trevor2 on July 17, 2011, 04:07:23 PM
Best beer drinking weather for mowing lmao
:you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock: Exactly!!!
Guess I'm an idiot then Jay. Here in central Florida in the afternoon, I cruise around the yard on my riding mower steering with one hand, a beer in the other hand. :lol:

Jay

Quote from: doublegobble on July 18, 2011, 03:14:52 PM
:o great, now I have a mental picture of Jay riding his lawnmower in his speedo. Make it go away!
After finishing my lawn, I collapsed on my lawn chair.  ;D And no speedo. Plus I don't have a riding mower. Sorry about the diet coke, but I really hate warm beer.

doublegobble

Should have went for a little dip in the hot tub behind you.  :icon_thumright:
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

ffmsb

Quote from: Basser69 on July 18, 2011, 10:41:21 AM
In the south you don't have much of a choice. Heat index 100+ everyday  :toothy12:

Yep thats why I decided this year to treat myself and hire a lawn service $75 per month...Now i sit in my pool drinking beer while they cut the grass.

Bonjour

You can come work with me Jay. We're working in the John Deere foundry right now. About 100 yards away from the furnaces. The heat index is at 111 right now, and it felt cool out when we walked out the door. Has to be at least 130 in there. Not to mention working at least 9 hour days and Saturdays. I hate this heat.  :character0029:

savduck

Quote from: Bonjour on July 19, 2011, 05:17:59 PM
You can come work with me Jay. We're working in the John Deere foundry right now. About 100 yards away from the furnaces. The heat index is at 111 right now, and it felt cool out when we walked out the door. Has to be at least 130 in there. Not to mention working at least 9 hour days and Saturdays. I hate this heat.  :character0029:

Man I remember when I did electrical work. You would be in that same type temperatures in the attic, come down and 105 felt like AC.

Fellas it was 101 at 3:00 PM today WITHOUT the heat index here in SC.
Georgia Boy

savduck

Quote from: moore on July 19, 2011, 09:25:46 PM
today was 119 heat index and our dew point was 81. even the mosquitos were sweating their butts off

Man, yall boys from up north must be hurting with that weather.....that makes the daisy dukes come out around here.
Georgia Boy

Jay

;D Us Northern boys don't handle heat well, but we can sure handle the cold.

savduck

Quote from: Jay on July 19, 2011, 10:34:12 PM
;D Us Northern boys don't handle heat well, but we can sure handle the cold.

Remember the post on here about us southerns being the fattest, thats because it 95 and above 6 months out of the year. We have learned the best place for that is in the AC with choice of cool beverage

I used to love hot weather, and hate cold....piss on both. i want to find a place that is about 73 year round. I find myself yearning for duck season and cooler temps as i get older.
Georgia Boy

Basser69

Give me the heat and y'all guys up north keep that cold white mess!

scoot12

I must be one, just got done cutting the grass and steamy is not the word for it.  I can handle the cold more then this crap.  Scoot

OLE RASPY

Im getting ready to mow now just changed my belt on my deck and fixin to mow.

Forgot to mention i went and bought a case of Moose head.Yeah thats right.
Its hotter than heck here right now i was sweating in the shade,but i love it with the right brewskie.