OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wish us Luck Handicapped/wounded warrior/youth hunt

Started by eggshell, April 05, 2024, 07:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

This weekend is the local NWTF Chapter's special hunt for Handicapped/wounded warriors and special youth. Hunters will be coming in today and we'll have a dinner and meet and greet this afternoon. Tomorrow and Sunday we hunt. I was on the scouting and blind team last weekend and we saw and heard a good number of birds. The last two years the weather has been horrible, but the next two days look pretty good. Pray the forecast stays good. Many thanks to Ohio Division Of Forestry for blocking off 2500+ acres and closing access leading up to this hunt. Many thanks to the Ohio Division of Wildlife for authorizing a special season just for this hunt (our youth season is next weekend and general season April 20th) and a generous grant. Many thanks to dozens of volunteers and sponsors. Just some big sponsors are Woodhaven, Quaker Boy, several of the gun companies, Local companies and more. We have 16 hunters participating from all over the USA. All their expenses (except gas) are covered and the State Park Lodges them. Whenever, you think the world is falling apart, things like this tell you there is still much good in the world.

I am honored to be a guide for a hunter and have always had a great time with my assigned hunters. I hope this hunt is one of the best. The event is called Thunder in The Hills in Pike County Ohio. Ohio Clinton County Chapter NWTF.

A special thanks to our own Gobblenut who donated to this event, Thanks Jim.

JeffC

Thats an awesome thing your involved with, thank you and all the people who help out, wish you a safe and successful hunt Mr. Eggshell, look foreword to some great pictures.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Spring Creek Calls

Thank you for volunteering your time and effort to this fine cause. I hope good karma rains down upon you!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Turkeybutt

Thank you for everything you do for the Handicapped/wounded warriors and special youth hunters. I'm sure they all appreciate it.

Greg Massey

Safe travel and hunting for everyone. God Bless all the volunteers for making this hunt possible.

King Cobra

Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Paulmyr

Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

joey46

Badger

Good luck and thanks for all the support and devotion to all.

Zobo

Awesome!!! I don't know whether to thank or congratulate you. Congratulations on your decision to dedicate time and attention to such a wonderful cause and thank you for helping very deserving people. Very generous of you, your hunter is lucky to have someone with such real, earned knowledge. GOOD LUCK !
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

eggshell

A short report on the hunt. For once the weather was decent and birds were active everyone heard and saw birds. Four gobblers were killed and one missed. It was a great weekend and chance to give something back. The one miss was the hunter I was guiding. It was just one of those things that happen to all of us. A bird pops up suddenly right on top of you and you gota take the shot fast because he's fixing to leave.

WV Flopper

Awesome! Glad the gods were working with the hunt!

Happy

I'm glad you guys had a good hunt eggshell. Sounds like you did your part. You know the GOATS would probably be willing to do a roundtable discussion around the campfire for these distinguished guests. When you think about the wisdom and life lessons we could lay out, I am sure it is worth millions. Heck, from the looks of it, those guys over on that Scattered Flock Team are still up all night trying to figure out how we became some awesome.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club