OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Newest Family Member!

Started by guesswho, July 16, 2011, 05:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

After losing two of my Dobes in the last year my remaining Dobe seemed depressed, as were my Wife and I.  We decided to get another to see if she could bring some interest back to Bodacious our only remaining Doberman.  My Wife spent weeks on the internet trying to find a reputable breeder with quality dogs.  She finally found one a couple hours from the house.  Yesterday we went and looked at some puppy's, I knew what the outcome was going to be before we left the house. 

Here's how I made my pick.  I took a breast feather from a gobbler with us.  When we got out at the peoples house I dropped it under and oak tree.  We talked and looked at the puppy's.  I asked the owner to let them out in the yard.  They were playing and having a good time and then one smelled or spotted the feather and attacked :lol: yep, thats my pick.  Luckily my Wife picked her as well so she came home with us last night.  Both parents are big and beautiful dogs.  So far she's been great, no whining and as alert as any 8 week old puppy I've ever seen.  She doesn't have a name yet but she goes by Hey-you!

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

TRKYHTR

She looks like a Marcian with those ears.You should call her Marsha.Nice pup.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

OLE RASPY

Nice looking pup.You been playing football with her field goal. :lol:

Hognutz

Way to go, Ronnie. She looks like a good'en. Hope everybody, including your older dog, get the smiles back on your faces, that only a puppy can bring..Good luck with the new dog..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Rio Fan

That's a good looking pup, congrats.  She's got some big old paws!

chatterbox

Great lookin' pup Ronnie! I hope she brings you and your wife many, many years of love and enjoyment!

BOFF

Congrats Ronnie.

Beautiful looking dog!!

God Bless,
David B.

Jay

:icon_thumright: Sweet. My old hunting dawg keeps hanging in there, but when she goes, I'm real tempted on getting a Dobie. Do you have to carry extra insurance to have a Dobie?

guesswho

Quote from: Jay on July 17, 2011, 10:35:09 AM
:icon_thumright: Sweet. My old hunting dawg keeps hanging in there, but when she goes, I'm real tempted on getting a Dobie. Do you have to carry extra insurance to have a Dobie?
No, not down here anyway.  Dobie's reputations aren't even close to what the real Dobe is about. At least the ones I've been around are.  I had three at one time and a stray cat took up here with them.   The cat would go from bowl to bowl and eat with each one of them.  I told them one time NO!  don't bother the kitty, and after that they kind of looked out for the little fellow.  Now the cat did disappear after about six months and I never found any remains so I don't think they did anything to him.  I did turn the one I have left loose on an armadillo the other day at the park on the nature trail, wasn't pretty unless you like armadillo pieces, which I do. ;D
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

mossy835

That puppy grows into those paws and you are going to have an energetic friend for sure. Nice looking pup. Hope she has a great life with you and your wife.

Shotgun

Congrats  :icon_thumright:  I've got to ask though what's the deal with the field goal on his ears?

guesswho

Quote from: Shotgun on July 17, 2011, 01:15:57 PM
I've got to ask though what's the deal with the field goal on his ears?
He's a she ;D  And the field goal is part of the posting to process to get the ears to stand up.  She should be out of those in three or four weeks.  I was wanting one that was finished with this process but I couldn't resist her face.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

BowBendr

Great looking pup right there. Hope she brings a lot of joy to your family.  :icon_thumright: