OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who makes a good turkey tote

Started by Alabama556, March 30, 2024, 03:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alabama556

I am looking for a good turkey tote that goes over your shoulder. I finally blew out all the cheap primos ones I had.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nyhunter

EZ OUTDOORS they give a discount to OldGobbler members also .

aclawrence

Captain Hooks on here makes some nice paracord totes and I make some leather totes. I only have one made right now.

Alabama556

Thanks. Does anyone have Glenda's email? I don't have Facebook.

10th Legionaire

Quote from: aclawrence on March 30, 2024, 04:23:16 PM
Captain Hooks on here makes some nice paracord totes and I make some leather totes. I only have one made right now.

That's a fine looking piece of work sir. How much does one of those go for?
Less is more

Manager8

Sorry Glenda doesn't make a turkey tote I thought she did
Here's her email tho
greenscch@yahoo.com

Prospector

Houndstooth.$40. Strong but supple leather. YouTube vid demonstrates. Call it the Mayfield strap I believe. If you've been using a paracord strap then this will blow your socks off.
In life and Turkey hunting: Give it a whirl. Everything works once and Nothing works everytime!

aclawrence

Quote from: 10th Legionaire on March 30, 2024, 05:12:47 PM

That's a fine looking piece of work sir. How much does one of those go for?
Thank you. I'm still a beginner leather worker but I thought that Olive colored veg tan turned out really nice. I sold them for $75 last year. Thats the last one I have. I'd sell it for $65. It's veg tan leather, solid brass d rings and hand stitched.

highcj5

I bought 1 off captain hooks off here several years ago. Look under the classified section. Believe he still has a post on there. I'm pleased with mine

Dougas

That is a really nice leather tote and at a great price. If I didn't make my own out of paracord, I would be placing an order. Nice work!

packmule

First class, great work!

Greg Massey

Glenda Green made my turkey tote and yes she will make you a turkey tote out of the same material that she makes her gun slings. She will also make you a custom made one of your liking. She custom made me one just like i wanted to roll up and carry in my satchel... She will put metal rings on each end or just nylon loops, i got nylon loops on mine..

aclawrence

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 31, 2024, 05:26:27 AM
Glenda Green made my turkey tote and yes she will make you a turkey tote out of the same material that she makes her gun slings. She will also make you a custom made one of your liking. She custom made me one just like i wanted to roll up and carry in my satchel... She will put metal rings on each end or just nylon loops, i got nylon loops on mine..
That would be a nice lightweight option. Mrs. Glenda does a great job.

VaGobbler

I bought one that I like from a young lady named Taylor (Totes by Taylor) a few years ago.  I liked it so much that I bought a few more for some friends of mine.  Here is a post where I learned about her https://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=95002.0

BDeal

I have an inexpensive PRIMOS version that works great. I think I paid around $7 for it