turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sp-10

Started by rtsj, July 16, 2011, 12:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtsj

Is 600 bucks for a SP-10 , 30 inch barrel and all chokes a good deal?  Has anyone bought a gun out of state? If so how do you reccomend  paying for it and what needs to be done?  Thanks Roy  Please Respond asap guys. If its a good deal i dont want to let it slip away. 

Thanks Roy

ILIKEHEVI-13

Roy,

That sounds like a pretty good buy if it it's say 90% shape or so.  I like using gunbroker as a guide to what kind of price guns are bringing and what people or actually willing to pay if you follow the auctions.  This may help.

http://www.gunbroker.com

Type in SP10 in the search box.

Another good source is http://www.gunsamerica.com

rtsj

ILIKEHEVI-13,

I did look at gunbroker and the cheapest one i seen was 750 and still had a couple days left on bidding. I did a google search and cheapest was 800.  I'm waiting on pics but the guy said it was in good shape with just a couple nicks in the wood.  Thought it would be a nice find since they dont make them anymore. 

Thanks Roy

ILIKEHEVI-13

I'll add that even though they no longer make these guns, that if you can find one say 90% or slightly better and pay less than say $750 or close to it that would be a pretty good deal if you in fact want one and don't mind the weight. 

Basser69

Grab it ! ! ! For 600, it's a deal  :icon_thumright: post pics when you get it

Devastator

yea,grab it.i paid 600 for mine 13 years ago and thought i got a deal then.it is a heck of a gun,thats for sure.

frank1969

if you dont want it i will

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ElkTurkMan

rtsj

Well I finally got a pic and it looks pretty rough barrel looks good but bluing is rubbed off on trigger guard (looks dinged up too) and wood is scratched up pretty bad. Think I'm going to pass.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's what I meant by depends on the shape.  A banged up bad shape gun ain't worth much to me even if it is a $1000 pus gun. 

Old Gobbler

The resale value of sp10's and NEF's may shoot up if EM's new 10 gauge Magnum Blend load shoots well  ,in September we will find out

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ILIKEHEVI-13

I stand corrected.  I thought Remington in the 90's at some point stop making them due to lack of sales.  I'll have to check on that for sure.  I checked Rem website and they are showing them.  So I stand corrected. 

deadbuck

I called Remington a few months ago and was told they have stopped producing the SP10.

nflorek

They are discontinued they have them on the site still but if you go to specifications and look at status they all say discontinued.