OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What do you do for a living?

Started by compton30, March 19, 2024, 04:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Flopper

Congratulations to all you Retired workers, good for you!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Zobo on March 20, 2024, 06:21:15 PM
Mycologist, semi retired.

Pic 1 edible
Pic 2 deadly
Pic 3 edible

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I love mushrooms, but I'm terrible at botany. The only mushroom I find outdoors that I'll eat are morels.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Tom Threetoes

I was a union coal miner for 29 years till the mine closed then went to work as an equipment operator with the Operating Engineers. I've spent a lot of time on a dozer! Been retired 12 years and now I just hunt and ride my motorcycles.

dayna105

Diesel mechanic, work for a truck dealership. Get to hunt 2 to 6 days a season.

g8rvet

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

g8rvet

Private practice veterinarian for 35 years and practice owner for 33 years.  Working to semi-retire soon.  Hunted 5 out of 5 days so far, but back to work tomorrow. Hunt every Wed, 2 out of 3 weekends and a few days off in there somewhere.  Usually around 15-20 days. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Kylongspur88

Pic 1 edible
Pic 2 deadly
Pic 3 edible

Very cool. My college roommate was an "amateur mycologist" who specialized in growing enough liberty caps to transport the entire frat house to another dimension. 

Zobo

Quote from: g8rvet on March 20, 2024, 07:53:49 PM
Is Pic #2 Death Angel?

Yes, Destroying Angel is the common name that is sometimes used to describe these all white, seriously poisonous types of mushrooms that reside within a larger group called Amanitas.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Mabren2

CEO at a locally owned community bank.  Probably average about 10-15 days hunting locally.  I've only gotten to travel to hunt once, but hoping to change that one day.

Zobo

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on March 20, 2024, 08:03:56 PM

Pic 1 edible
Pic 2 deadly
Pic 3 edible

Very cool. My college roommate was an "amateur mycologist" who specialized in growing enough liberty caps to transport the entire frat house to another dimension.

:TooFunny:   Impressive cultivation! 
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

tgilbert

Sr. project manager / estimator for commercial glazing company. I hunt mostly weekends, probably 10 - 15 days per season.

Turkz39

Construction sales for 20 years.  I have never thought about how many days I get to hunt as I have had a very flexible work schedule over the years. All I can say is I give all glory to God for each day that he gives me if Iam hunting or not.  I have been very blessed over the years in many many ways especially with hunting. 

mlee3553

Director of County Conservation Board for last 16 years, 8 year prior with the Iowa DNR as a Wildlife Technician.
In wildness is preservation of the world so seek the wolf in thyself

JRICHARD9

Aircraft mechanic in the navy last 11 years
15-20 depending on work

bbcoach

Quote from: WV Flopper on March 20, 2024, 06:38:21 PM
Congratulations to all you Retired workers, good for you!
Thank you.  It's a GREAT Life.  My recommendation is, do it as soon as you are financial able to.