OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What do you do for a living?

Started by compton30, March 19, 2024, 04:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrubacker

Self employed tinsmith.
Normally turkey hunt around 20 times a year.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on March 20, 2024, 07:05:57 AM
Quote from: kytrkyhntr on March 20, 2024, 06:55:48 AM
I work for a large automotive plant as a maintenance man. Been doing it for about 13-14 years. I like my job. But I don't get much more than 12-13 days a year. I make a good living and my family doesn't want for anything. However I wish I had used my skills to work for myself before I got caught in the industrial life... I'm still young maybe that changes and I will one day work for myself. Then that number will be 40-45 days a spring haha
Well when you branch out and need an employee, put me in coach!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You hired, boss!
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Spring Creek Calls

Retired public school facilities supervisor. Now I make turkey calls. Usually hunt 15-25 days depending on tag usage. 2 or 3 states each year for the past several years.

This was one of the most enjoyable posts I've seen in awhile. Quite a wide range of talent here on OG!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Tribute Custom Calls

Retired Cranberry grower but still working full time for a log home company. Really looking forward to Full retirement in a year or two.
Usually hunt 12-20 mornings depending on how many states we hunt.
Share the knowledge and introduce somebody to the Outdoors

cgarner1

3rd generation owner/operator truck driver

I usually get 20-25 days and try to take 2 trips each year

cracker4112

I'm a commercial real estate appraiser/broker/property manager. 

I usually get to hit the woods 15-20 days each spring, just depends on workload and kids schedules.

turkey stew

Retired High school Chemistry teacher. Hunt home state of Michigan. Maybe will get to hunt elsewhere in the future if my health allows and funds are available.

Jfowler82

Quote from: eggshell on March 20, 2024, 07:48:19 AM
Quote from: Jfowler82 on March 20, 2024, 12:58:37 AM
Bourbon distiller

Usually take two or three weeks vacation during turkey season . I work third shift so I can usually go hunting after I get off as well .

Are you at one of the bourbon trail distilleries?  We have toured many of them

I work for Jim Beam . They have real nice tours .

NOmad

I manage a team of associates at a global money management firm. I save the majority of my PTO for spring and turkey hunt 25-30 days per year and typically 5-7 states. Unfortunately, a lot of my hunting is done over the weekends at this stage in my life.

caneman

I am a retired maint. mechanic from B.F.Goodrich Tire plant and now I make turkey,deer and duck calls. I hunt every day of season tiil I tag out.

Delmar ODonnell

I'm a tax attorney. Last year, by my bosses' good graces, I was able to hunt 40 days.

JeffC

30 plus years as a carpenter, moved to the other side 10yrs ago as a town building inspector. Burn vacation and sick days to get maybe 10 or less days a year hunting turkey, haven't deer hunted in last 2 seasons, trying to finish house before I retire. 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Marc

Optometrist (eye doc).

I hunt 3 days/week most of the 3 month duck season.  2 days/week most of the turkey season (except Easter) or until I tag out.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

WildTigerTrout

Retired Pa. State Corrections Officer.  Worked that career for 27 years.  Got to retire early.

I get to hunt and fish whenever I want.  It is wonderful.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

grayfox

Did carpenter work for around 11 years in my younger days. Then I did computer graphics for screen printing for about 30 years until I retired. I use to hunt 8-15 days a season. The last few years I've hunted probably 4-7 days.