OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What do you do for a living?

Started by compton30, March 19, 2024, 04:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrow1

Full time Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator since 1998. Remove nuisance raccoons,  squirrels, bats, etc from peoples homes and businesses.  I try to hunt as much as possible but Spring turkey season comes at the busiest time of year so hope to hunt 6-10  mornings a season right now.

Archivist13

Live in Southern Maryland and am a Senior Records Analyst for the National Archives for the last 24 years.

Duckdogdad

Been an insurance agent for 50 years...my staff runs my office March 15-April 30. Been that way for 20 years. I hunt 4 to 5 mornings a week. Come to think of it, turkey season is a lot like duck season.

Duckdogdad

Been an insurance agent for 50 years...my staff runs my office March 15-April 30. Been that way for 20 years. I hunt 4 to 5 mornings a week. Come to think of it, turkey season is a lot like duck season.

timberjack86

Bottomland OG

Semi retired from the construction/ welding. Have worked in the healthcare business for the last few years. I work out of my home, work my own hours so I can pretty much hunt every day of season if I choose. It's truly a blessing from God.

Bennett

I own my own building materials business in West TN so I'm fortunate to hunt a lot. I have good employees who take care of things when I'm gone. I've got three teenagers so all my hunting is local but  I hope to start traveling some in the near future when things slow down with them.

Dmc1530

An Accountant, tax season and turkey season do not go well together. Hunt every weekend and plus or minus 5 weeks days throughout season.

richard black

Retired metallurgical engineer. Hunt as much as I want and can. It's a rough life.

Burtwill

Hire me lol

I am in engineering at a chemical plant that supplies pulp and paper. I usually get to hunt 15-25 days a year depending what i can work out and what we have going on. This year i will be hunting more than normal becuase i just got off a big project and im kinda inbetween projects so should have plenty opportunity to take off.

I usually hunt most days either an hour or so  before work or after.

Quote from: BrowningGuy88 on March 20, 2024, 07:03:22 AM
I'm in Pulp and Paper. Manage an engineering group.

Years ago, I hunted 35-40 days a spring.

Now I hunt 15-20. Honestly, 15-20 days is plenty of time for limits in the states I hunt.

Big Jeremy

I'm a youth minister...have been for going on 18 years, and I love it! I also do quite a bit of work (without pay) for our school system working with and mentoring students that need a little extra help. Set hours are not a reality, but I do my best to work things around to where I can go a day or two a week, at least. Work and wrangling my own three children don't allow me to go as much as I'd like, but I wouldn't change that for anything.

Most springs I average 10-12 mornings, and I'll get out several afternoons, also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

Self employed ...Have usually around 10 guys working for me...Finally i have one i trust & is knowledgeable enough to run things when im gone within reason...Looking forward to hunting without taking all my work with me...

tomstopper

Chemist (work straight graveyard shift) and run my own company during the day so I can adjust that schedule so I can hunt most mornings/days

highcj5

Drive a brown truck for a living. Been with the company 25 years total but full time for 19 years. I usually take my 1st vacation opening week. Hunt every weekend morning that I can. I love to hear the woods wake up and come to life in the morning.

Jwall

Supervise safety and student discipline as well as alternative education for a school system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk