OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What do you do for a living?

Started by compton30, March 19, 2024, 04:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Flopper

I am not going to wait that long, I'll be dead first!!!

Like to give it a shot in 9 more years, at a minimum I will go to part time, no more 40 hours+ a week. Like to do the part time in 5-6 years from now.

tracker vi

Retired factory worker,44 yrs. Only hunt my home state so I hunt till the tag is filled or seasons over.

makestomstremble

Funeral director/embalmer. Own and operate two small town funeral homes in rural area about 19 miles apart. The amount of hunting I get to do depends on how much my phone has been ringing. Not unusual to go several weeks without a day off. On average I would say I get about about half dozen to ten times a season.

Turkeybutt

Retired for the last two years and since the wife still works and expects things to get done around the house I have a "Honey Do List." Hey hey hey wait a minute! I wear the pants in this household and I got her permission to say so! Anyway, I suffer from what I call "Sometimers" where I forget what I have to do on my Honey Do List.
When my Sometimers kicks in which is quite frequently, I'm in the woods or on a trout stream.

zelmo1

I manage multiple structural manufacturing crews for Uncle Sam and I hunt 15 plus days a year on average,  Z

captpete

I retired a little over a year ago. I worked for the city for a little over 23 years in various departments. I worked the last 12 years in the streets department doing streets repair/ street maintenance... replacing concrete, fixing potholes, plowing snow, etc.

The number days I hunt varies depending on when/if my wife, my buddy and fill our tags or or the season ends. Last year I hunted 12 days. The year before it was 6.

Turkeyman

I'm a retired engineer. Initially I went through an electrical apprenticeship and worked as an electrician for a number of years. Then, with night school and training, ended up an electronic technologist. Then...more years of school, an electrical engineer.

The first several years I retired I hunted 30 or 40 days a year. I've toned that down to about 20 or so now. As I've gotten older I see that there are other "spring things" just as exciting as turkey hunting, e.g. going on a deep sea fishing trip mid-May this year with my son and grandson.

Yoder409

Quote from: bbcoach on March 21, 2024, 11:00:06 AM
Quote from: WV Flopper on March 20, 2024, 06:38:21 PM
Congratulations to all you Retired workers, good for you!
Thank you.  It's a GREAT Life.  My recommendation is, do it as soon as you are financial able to.   

Yessir.   Thank you !!!

And Coach ain't wrong.  Retirement IS everything it's cracked up to be and it is NOT overrated.

Only thing wrong with retirement is that you never get a day off from it.   :toothy9:    But every day is Saturday except for Sunday.     :mycross:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

WV Flopper

bbcoach

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 22, 2024, 11:30:46 AM
Quote from: bbcoach on March 21, 2024, 11:00:06 AM
Quote from: WV Flopper on March 20, 2024, 06:38:21 PM
Congratulations to all you Retired workers, good for you!
Thank you.  It's a GREAT Life.  My recommendation is, do it as soon as you are financial able to.   

Yessir.   Thank you !!!

And Coach ain't wrong.  Retirement IS everything it's cracked up to be and it is NOT overrated.

Only thing wrong with retirement is that you never get a day off from it.   :toothy9:    But every day is Saturday except for Sunday.     :mycross:
By the way guys, when you do FULLY retire learn 1 WORD in the English language, NO!  If you don't learn it, your days will be right back to 12-to-14-hour days.  Do the THINGS that make you HAPPY, not what everyone else thinks you should do because you have PLENTY of time.  One more piece of advice, put your watch in your dresser drawer, you're not on the CLOCK ANYMORE!  11 Years and Counting!  Thank God!   

quavers59

I retired 2 years ago at age 62. Decades in Warehouses  and 7 years at wallyworld  where,I unloaded big containers in Receiving and was the walmart Shoe Dept Man in New York State.
    I start on April 22nd in New Jersey and hunt till May 31st in New York. Probably at least 21+ days Turkey Hunting.

quavers59

To go with my above post,I also taught Martial Arts for my Sensei in the evenings. Never made a Dime.  Wrote 3 Turkey Hunting Books also. And like so many,I worked with,I was Fired from wallyworld.  In my case- less then a half day before my Scheduled 1 Week vacation .
   Back to another Warehouse and now enjoying Retirement and working out with my Sensei and a few other older Dudes twice a week.

High plains drifter

High plains drifter

Retired army e-2. I hunt a lit,lot, archery.

Badger

I retired from Gov in Security with over 40 yrs and 3 days later went back as a contractor do some project mgt. & etc for almost 7 more years.  I was interviewed again a few days after I turned 65 to extend, agreed, changed my mind.  A couple weeks later I headed to Ohio to bow hunt and 3 weeks later to Kansas to bow hunt some more.  In between scouted and hunted in PA.