turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Meadow Creek Mounts?

Started by MCturkey, March 19, 2024, 09:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCturkey

Who uses a meadow creek rib mounted sight mount? What do you think?

I've always ran sumtoy mounts on drilled and tapped receivers but I picked up a new SBE3 28 and I'm considering a meadow creek with a fastfire since I don't have time to get the receiver worked on. I'm unsure about the sight being mounted more forward on the rib.

TIA.

davisd9

Love it on my gun with Holosun. Works more like a bead and gives great field of view. I am a fan and did not like using a red dot before.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tom007

Fantastic alternative to drilling and tapping  for sure.....
"Solo hunter"

Tom Threetoes

I've had rib mounted red dots on every turkey gun I ever owned. I love 'em!

Greg Massey

I only have one meadow creek mount, but i wouldn't hesitate to buy another one ... Great mount with a great field of view ...

zelmo1

I have the exact set up you are looking for with a Swampfox Liberty green dot. I like it. The gun is sighted in, now I need to do my part. Live fire test in 3 weeks. HOPEFULLY, lol. Z

dublelung

You can't beat it on untapped guns. I've got 3 and never had an issue with any of them.

Gooserbat

My boy uses one and he really likes it
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

CALLM2U

I have one and I will admit that I like the drilled/tapped method better. The MC is rock solid, I just don't like it that far forward. 

But I have an '90s 870 Turkey Special that I wouldn't dream of drilling, so hence the MC mount. 

Ryanmc

I have an older H&K that can't be drilled so I added one and love it. It's easy to turn on with my hand close by

crucible7

I have one on my 20 gauge and love it. I prefer the sight picture of the mount being on the rib. I feel like I can see everything around me better. I also like that with my hand on the fore grip, I can easily reach my thumb up and turn it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notsoyoungturk

I have one on a 20 gauge with a holosun.  It does a great job but I do like the receiver mounted ones better.  I am just more comfortable with that setup.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

mcw3734

I use two. One on the 20 gauge, the other on the 10. Using them about... 5 years? No problems yet and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Just didn't want to drill and tap those two guns.

lunghit

I have two and love them. Solid mount and I like the field of view with the red dot further down the barrel.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

albrubacker

Solid mount, no complaints here.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott