Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Walkers Game Ear( how good is it really)?

Started by zelmo1, March 18, 2024, 11:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Gotta try something, just wondering if any of you all use this product. Z

joey46

I have a decent pair of muffs.  Still have directional problems.  Learned to think I'm hearing something to my right to look 45 degrees left.  He'll be there.  Best for distant gobbles and always good to stop gun noise.

paboxcall

I've used the Walker Razor XV. Helps with hearing far off gobbles, but does pick up the wind. I find triangulating tough wearing them.

Will say this: When I thinking I'm being really quiet going through the woods and not wearing them, is clearly not being quiet at all when wearing them.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

bbcoach

I've got the earmuffs also and I find what joey and boxcall said.  They do amplify distant gobbling somewhat, but I have a hard time with directional location as well.  Since I have really good hearing, even at 66 years old, I don't wear them. 

sixbird

Quote from: bbcoach on March 18, 2024, 12:16:28 PM
I've got the earmuffs also and I find what joey and boxcall said.  They do amplify distant gobbling somewhat, but I have a hard time with directional location as well.  Since I have really good hearing, even at 66 years old, I don't wear them.
I've used Walkers behind the ear in the past and they were startling for me since my hearing is so poor.
I had problems with direction for a number of years until a thought occurred (yeah, not a quick thinker).
Thought, since one ear is WAY worse than the other, how about turn the volume down on the "good" ear to balance the sound?
Worked like a charm!
After that, I'd adjust volumes to what I thought was right, close my eyes and snap my fingers left to right and when the adjustment matched where I knew the snap was coming from, I knew I would be able to tell direction.
Worked great until I got real hearing aides that were tuned to my hearing loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

I use the Axil GS Extreme 2.0 earbuds. They're small, lightweight, have adjustable volume and provide sound comprehension at 85 decibels and above. They also have a mic in each earbud, so I haven't experienced much difficulty in direction. They also Bluetooth to your phone, but I don't use that feature.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Marc

I have had Walkers up until last year, and now own Tetra's...

I had reasonable directionality in the Walker's.  They are horrible (virtually unwearable) in the wind.

Tetra's are a stark improvement.  Wore them last duck season, and was hearing sounds I cannot remember ever hearing.  Wind is not an issue...  I am really looking forward to wearing them this turkey season.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 18, 2024, 05:55:23 PM
I use the Axil GS Extreme 2.0 earbuds. They're small, lightweight, have adjustable volume and provide sound comprehension at 85 decibels and above. They also have a mic in each earbud, so I haven't experienced much difficulty in direction. They also Bluetooth to your phone, but I don't use that feature.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JimBo,

Can you post a link on which ones you have my brother..

Thanks Johnny
:turkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."