OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which pistol is your choice for concealed carry?

Started by sugarray, July 14, 2011, 04:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

In all honesty, it doesn't matter what "Joe Bob" carries. You need to find something which feels good in your hands, and you are comfortable in shooting, and carrying. In my own personal opinion, within reason, you get what you pay for in firearms. I certainly don't want to have a jam or misfeed when it comes to defending my life. As long as it goes "Bang Bang" every time you pull the trigger, and you are able to hit with it consistently from 3- 12 feet, it's a good gun. Just my thoughts, and I have some others, but I'll hold off..

God Bless,
David B.

rev

I used to carry Colt 45 officers model, sometimes I would carry my walthers ppk 380, My carry gun now is a North American Arms .22 mag, birdshot in the first hole and .22 mag hollow points in the others, weights 5oz,maybe 4" long, with a pocket holster nobody will ever know, the barrel flash out of it at night is like a .357. Sweet little gun

chipper

My carry gun is a Glock 23 with Crimson Trace grips.

busta biggun

OLE RASPY

I hardly ever carry a gun on me out in public even though i do have my conceal carry but i do carry one in the truck and it is a pt945 .45cal

I carry this one on me alot when out in the woods .44 ruger super red hawk

Either one of these would take care of mama bear with right bullet placement.

gotcha

I acquired my first handgun about 18 months ago.Knowing very little about them I was steered by some friends{law enforcement/military}that I needed to look at Glocks.I ended up with a Glock 21 in 45 acp,its alittle big for daily carry but I'm not quite there yet.Even though I would,I'm not interested in having to shoot the bad guy 4-5 times.Glocks do not have a traditional on/off safety but its very safe,just different.Its also got the laser/light accessory.There are alot of choices out there so gather the info and make your decesion.

ffmsb

Glock 23 The only gun I use...... The only safety is your finger....

BOFF

Quote from: busta biggun on July 15, 2011, 08:14:13 AM
Springfield XD SC 40

Which holster is this. Looks like a crossbreed, but the clips are different.

Is it a Maxtuck?

God Bless,
David B.

Peck1524

I don't have my concelaed carry permit yet (just moved to WV). I have a Glock 17 Gen 4. A bit big for concealed carry but I'm a big guy (6'8", 245lbs) so concealement shouldn't be a problem. Plus my wife can shoot the hell out of it which is the main thing since it sleeps in my bedside nightstand as a home defense weapon first.

busta biggun

Quote from: BOFF on July 15, 2011, 10:14:03 AM
Quote from: busta biggun on July 15, 2011, 08:14:13 AM
Springfield XD SC 40

Which holster is this. Looks like a crossbreed, but the clips are different.

Is it a Maxtuck?

God Bless,
David B.

This is a Crossbreed Supertuck.

Preacher

When I carried on the job I had a Bretta 92  ( I am pretty sure thats the modle) in a 40 cal.   A little bulky but it was a dependable piece.
Romans 8:37

gobbler74

Ive seen some big handguns on here for conceal...you guys must have some big pants.. :TooFunny: The LCP and 380 are perfect. Also if interested look at the new Taurus 380's they are getting better reviews that Ruger.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Mailman

Its a Sig Sauer 229 -9mm. Pretty large to conceal unless you wear a coat. But I carry it in the woods on the outside in plain view. The blackhawk holster comes with belt loo holster and paddle holster. The are adjustable for positioning to your preference for easy removal. one button release whinch is pressed during removal by your trigger finger. Which inturn falls right were you want it when drawing.
One Shot One Kill

Skeeterbait

Quote from: Preacher on July 15, 2011, 11:32:14 AM
When I carried on the job I had a Bretta 92  ( I am pretty sure thats the modle) in a 40 cal.   A little bulky but it was a dependable piece.

Preacher model 92 would be a 9mm.  The 40 cal is the model 96.  I have a 96G myself, fine weapon.  A bit large for concealing though.

gob09

for hunting i like to carry my stainless security six  ruger in 357loaded with hydra shock no jams no safety if it dont fire the first time just squeeze again

but like others have said find what you like and works best ....those are some awesome weapons and ideas guy's