OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hen Gobble

Started by Greg Massey, March 14, 2024, 03:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracker vi

WV Flopper

I have heard two different hens gobble. Both hens I seen the gobble come out their beak.

Both times I was confused for a few seconds.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: WV Flopper on March 15, 2024, 05:11:39 PM
I have heard two different hens gobble. Both hens I seen the gobble come out their beak.

Both times I was confused for a few seconds.

^ definitely took a little bit to examine what was going on.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

DocHolliday

Once, a full stritting Rio hen beating hell out of my decoys. Funny stuff.

Dougas

The rio hens that frequent my yard strut and gobble. It's a weak chortling gobble, but distinctly a gobble. They do it when strutting and when not in strut also. The first time I heard it, I was very confused. Now, I am used to it.

PALongspur

I've heard/seen gobbling hens twice in my lifetime. Pretty cool to hear.

I've also witnessed what I believe to be the same hen (same exact place in the same field) strut and beat up on a decoy the last two seasons.

captpete

Quote from: g8rvet on March 14, 2024, 05:08:19 PM
(I have so many funny things to say and I just can't say them on this forum, so I think I will just say:)

I have never hear a hen gobble.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

GuideGun

Yes, I have heard hen gobbling each of the last couple years in the areas I hunt. Must be something going on in these north woods. Have not seen hens strutting though.
Matt

Rockhound

Saw 2 gobble a couple times each in the fall once, a couple springs ago, I heard and saw one gobble problem 50 times one afternoon. She gobbled several times on the roost the next morning.