turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dave Smith Decoys DSD

Started by Greg Massey, March 13, 2024, 04:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Free shipping NOW on all turkey decoys etc ... No Code or coupon needed at check out ...

Sanders153

I have their posturing hen and really like her but need another one. Which hen is your favorite from them Mr. Massey?

ddturkeyhunter

don't know-nothing about there news one but I would say the upright hen. when I was using them a lot I had more fun watching all the real hens come in and strut and challenge that decoy very funny and entertaining.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Sanders153 on March 13, 2024, 04:38:28 PM
I have their posturing hen and really like her but need another one. Which hen is your favorite from them Mr. Massey?

What do you own now? And have you looked at the Preening Hen?

MK M GOBL

ShootingABN!

Yes I received an email today saying free shipping.
Not sure how I ended up on their email list. But yep.

zelmo1

I had a 3/4 jake and still use it a lot, it is my single decoy. They had a crazy sale last year on the new"flock", so I got one. I got the strutter jake, preening hen, breeder hen, posturing hen to go along with my feeder hen and 3/4. I have a few ideas on a couple field set ups to hunt with the wife but will probably still use the 3/4 jake when I hunt solo. Season and weather conditions will be a factor but will try a few new things this year. BTW, they all look spectacular. Z

bbcoach

Here's a tip for ALL of you.  If you have a jake, get a laydown hen and put the laydown hen 3 feet in front of the jake.  You can Thank me later!

Old Gobbler

It's well worth the money , think of it as a long term investment...I still have the original upright hen from 2008 .
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Sanders153

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 13, 2024, 10:49:35 PM

MK M GOBL

Right now I just have the posturing hen and the posturing Jake. I've really looked at that preening hen but also the leading hen I like the looks of a lot, they have some really good hen poses

mlee3553

I have a "flock" of one 3/4 strut jake, a laydown hen, a feeding hen and an upright hen, they are heavy but they are close to 10 years old now and are holding up great, and I've shot a decent amount of birds over them, the only negative is weight. For where I hunt around home here in southern Iowa it's mainly just brushy draws and small woodlots I have to hunt a lot of open fields, they sure help in those situations.
In wildness is preservation of the world so seek the wolf in thyself

Brinkcalls

I've had a bunch of great hen encounters over the upright hen. I've had hens strutting and posturing to her.
Gobblers usually would hang up at 60 and expect the hen to walk over. That just on a single decoy setup. Put a Jake or strutter with her, it's game over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Sanders153 on March 14, 2024, 08:08:02 AM

MK M GOBL

Right now I just have the posturing hen and the posturing Jake. I've really looked at that preening hen but also the leading hen I like the looks of a lot, they have some really good hen poses

(Private Land Hunts)

My favorites for R&G are the 3/4 Strut Jake and Upright Hen, and if in a Field Hunt I run my White Headed Strutter I designed/developed along with a Breeding Hen, then my Feeding Hen. I do have the Leading Hen too but use her in more of a Hen "Flock".

One big thin with my Strutter is I made a Manual Motion System for him so he can dance for the ladies, Deadly thing to do id face that White Head at an incoming Tom, and then face him back away towards the Breeding Hen, It just drives them to come in.

MK M GOBL

Sanders153

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 14, 2024, 05:36:09 PM
Quote from: Sanders153 on March 14, 2024, 08:08:02 AM

MK M GOBL

(Private Land Hunts)

My favorites for R&G are the 3/4 Strut Jake and Upright Hen, and if in a Field Hunt I run my White Headed Strutter I designed/developed along with a Breeding Hen, then my Feeding Hen. I do have the Leading Hen too but use her in more of a Hen "Flock".

One big thin with my Strutter is I made a Manual Motion System for him so he can dance for the ladies, Deadly thing to do id face that White Head at an incoming Tom, and then face him back away towards the Breeding Hen, It just drives them to come in.

MK M GOBL

Those are great strategies MK M GOBL, are you with DSD's company?

WVhuntEER

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 14, 2024, 07:24:19 AM
It's well worth the money , think of it as a long term investment...I still have the original upright hen from 2008 .
I do too and my 3/4 Jake. Lots of bb's rattling in him now lol ????

sbbow

Quote from: bbcoach on March 14, 2024, 06:47:52 AM
Here's a tip for ALL of you.  If you have a jake, get a laydown hen and put the laydown hen 3 feet in front of the jake.  You can Thank me later!
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk