OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dave Smith Decoys DSD

Started by Greg Massey, March 13, 2024, 04:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncwoodsman

Quote from: sbbow on March 15, 2024, 03:43:08 PM
Quote from: bbcoach on March 14, 2024, 06:47:52 AM
Here's a tip for ALL of you.  If you have a jake, get a laydown hen and put the laydown hen 3 feet in front of the jake.  You can Thank me later!
X2

x3 - Killer setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc

I have a leading hen, and will likely not purchase any more...

Makes a good upright hen (in which the posture makes other hens want to fight), and take the stake off, it makes a good lay-down hen.  Jakes and toms have mounted it...

One decoy, it would be the leading hen.  Two would be 3/4 jake and leading hen...  Add a third and it would be a feeder.

Mostly my decoys collect dust currently...  I am too lazy to carry them around.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Sanders153 on March 14, 2024, 07:59:24 PM
Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 14, 2024, 05:36:09 PM
Quote from: Sanders153 on March 14, 2024, 08:08:02 AM
Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 13, 2024, 10:49:35 PM
Quote from: Sanders153 on March 13, 2024, 04:38:28 PM
I have their posturing hen and really like her but need another one. Which hen is your favorite from them Mr. Massey?

What do you own now? And have you looked at the Preening Hen?

MK M GOBL

Right now I just have the posturing hen and the posturing Jake. I've really looked at that preening hen but also the leading hen I like the looks of a lot, they have some really good hen poses

(Private Land Hunts)

My favorites for R&G are the 3/4 Strut Jake and Upright Hen, and if in a Field Hunt I run my White Headed Strutter I designed/developed along with a Breeding Hen, then my Feeding Hen. I do have the Leading Hen too but use her in more of a Hen "Flock".

One big thin with my Strutter is I made a Manual Motion System for him so he can dance for the ladies, Deadly thing to do id face that White Head at an incoming Tom, and then face him back away towards the Breeding Hen, It just drives them to come in.

MK M GOBL

Those are great strategies MK M GOBL, are you with DSD's company?

Nope, just a big fan of their decoys. I do a number of seminars every year on "Hunting Decoys Right" and have a set of rules that I go by.

If you have any questions just hit me up.

MK M GOBL