OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Single most important piece of equipment to you

Started by ScottTaulbee, March 13, 2024, 11:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

Probably not my most important item but it's really annoying if I don't have my binos. I always carry toilet paper. The other contender would by OnX. It has helped me see different ways to access that has helped me kill birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedge7767

Jim

paboxcall

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

RED NECK

I am into custom slings, so I will say a sling, toilet paper,water bottle and a yetti full of black coffee.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Kylongspur88

I've got a Buck 110 that has sentimental value I carry when in the woods

GobbleNut

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on March 15, 2024, 06:25:50 AM

Long ago, I had a Buck knife that I carried for many years.  My two boys witnessed many a gobbler being field-dressed with that knife as they were growing up.  At some point it disappeared and I thought I had lost it.  A couple of years ago, I was hunting with my son (now forty) and noticed he had a familiar-looking buck knife in his vest.  ...Seems that the "sentimental value" aspect of that knife was passed on to the next generation...   ;)

Zobo

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 15, 2024, 09:51:17 AM

Long ago, I had a Buck knife that I carried for many years.  My two boys witnessed many a gobbler being field-dressed with that knife as they were growing up.  At some point it disappeared and I thought I had lost it.  A couple of years ago, I was hunting with my son (now forty) and noticed he had a familiar-looking buck knife in his vest.  ...Seems that the "sentimental value" aspect of that knife was passed on to the next generation...   ;)

That's the first place I would have looked for it! 
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 15, 2024, 09:51:17 AM

It's funny you mention that, I have several items of my dad's that he's "lost" over the years and also a couple shotguns that seem to be unofficially passed down to me. One is a Mossberg 500 my dad bought in 2003 for him to use as an all purpose gun. It was the first 12 gauge I ever shot, the first gun I killed a turkey, goose, and duck with, and I shot it in 4H trap shooting growing up and won several shoots including the KY state 4H trap shoot for my age class. And the only shotgun my dad and myself used for years and killed a pile of turkey with. Anyway, when I turned 18 and moved out, that shotgun followed me and it has ever since. Dad hasn't mentioned it ever but I kind of made a swap a few years ago and bought him his first semi auto so I'd say "we're even".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High plains drifter

I have a camo suit that I used for goose hunting that I have used for years.I like my 870 Remington. I have a hat that I've used for 30 years.

aaron

As much as it pains me to say it, excellent detailed topographic and aerial maps at your fingertips has to be the biggest advantage added to a turkey hunters arsenal.  Especially the traveling hunter in places he isn't familiar with

WV Flopper

To the OP, your question covered the basics.

I have No sentimental value to anything I hunt with, it's all equipment. There is nothing I will walk back to the truck for if I am more than two hundred yards away.

If less than two hundred yards I would turn around for my binos.

Clif Owen

Thermacell...you can't hardly hunt around here without one.

Sanders153

I will carry the set of elk ivories off of the first bull I took while a youth of 13 on every hunt, no matter the species, and a circa 1973 half dollar that my grandfather gave me at a young age.

I'll carry the half dollar daily, and the elk ivories on every hunt l, as those things have great sentimental value to me.