turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Tenth or Old Pro?

Started by Paulmyr, March 11, 2024, 07:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I have yet to finish 10th Legion, I find his style rather difficult to read. I think I made it to the second or third chapter. That said I think I would have finished it if not for problems reading the last couple of years, everything is blury even with new glasses which is so depressing because I have a ton of books to read on turkey and other things.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bowbird87

I know I'm gonna get crucified for this but I didn't like 10th legion. I put it down and never finished.

Howie g

Quote from: bowbird87 on March 12, 2024, 04:54:31 PM
I know I'm gonna get crucified for this but I didn't like 10th legion. I put it down and never finished.
[/quote
  Shame on you

PALongspur

The Old Pro for me as well.

GobbleGitr

Love the question and dialogue-no right answer as every book is unique and just glad audiobooks are giving people a chance to enjoy some good literature in a different format. Tenth Legion has been in continuous print since 1973 for a reason. I like Old Pro and spent some good time with it as well. The best book actually about wild turkeys is hands down Joe Hutto's Illumination in the Flatwoods. Sadly it is not on audiobook.

Cowboy

Old Pro all day long. Usually myself, Dad  and brother will re-read Old Pro before each spring just to get our heads on straight.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

NOmad

Where is everyone listening to Old Pro at? The couple audio book apps I have looked through do not seem to have it in the library. Thanks.

Kygobblergetter

Tenth legion is great but old pro is in a league of its own. It gets the nod every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulmyr

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on March 12, 2024, 03:49:37 PM
Where are you listening to audio books at?. The app I use currently is sorely lacking

Old Pro is on kindle and the tenth comes straight from Tomkellyinc.com and listened tto through an app called Dropbox.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

NOmad

Quote from: Paulmyr on March 13, 2024, 09:25:58 PM
Quote from: ScottTaulbee on March 12, 2024, 03:49:37 PM
Where are you listening to audio books at?. The app I use currently is sorely lacking

Old Pro is on kindle and the tenth comes straight from Tomkellyinc.com

Awesome, thank you sir!

WiLL B

I vote the 10th. I have read both. I just love to hear Tom Kelly tell a story.

paboxcall

Quote from: WiLL B on March 14, 2024, 12:04:41 AM
I vote the 10th. I have read both. I just love to hear Tom Kelly tell a story.
Once you hear that voice on his audio books, you will never again read any of his work without hearing that in your head.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

bowbird87

Quote from: Howie g on March 12, 2024, 05:56:07 PM
[/quote
  Shame on you

Is what it is!

Howie g

Quote from: bowbird87 on March 14, 2024, 08:17:32 PM
Quote from: Howie g on March 12, 2024, 05:56:07 PM
[/quote
  Shame on you

Is what it is!
[/quote
I've read both ,  and love them both equally.  Should have to read and pass a pop quiz after reading them both to buy a turkey tag ?????

TallCrow

For me it all starts with hearing the Colonel read Tenth Legion!