turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FYI... New Danner snake boot on the market

Started by Skeeterbait, July 14, 2011, 09:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeeterbait

New Danner Jackal snake boot.  I have been wearing the original Jackal snake boot for about 5 years now, since they quite making it.  Unlike most other boots, the Jackal has a sole that feels like a running shoe and is flexable, light and quiet.  I wrote them a letter last year asking them to bring the Jackal snake boot back.  Dont know if the letter had any effect but they did.  The new Jackal is full camo including the sole.  It is a run and gun turkey hunters dream boot.

drenalinld

Great looking boot. I would love to try it but as usual it's not offered in size 15. Oh well.

neal

Love love love my Danner snake boots :love5: ! Best boot I've ever had for turkey hunting
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Hognutz

Quote from: drenalinld on July 14, 2011, 09:22:46 AM
Great looking boot. I would love to try it but as usual it's not offered in size 15. Oh well.

I'm in the same boat. Size 15. Not much to choose from, out there. The good news is, I don't need snake boots where I hunt. We have those pesky snow snakes, but they won't kill ya.. Mike   :TooFunny:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

savduck

Sweet, Ive heard nothing but good things about all Danner boots. I need a new pair. My Rockies are three years old.....bout time to spring a leak.

SIZE 15, good lord why do yall need a snake boat. The earthquake that you guys would make just taking a step would be enough to send snakes running. I mean thats big enough to blot out the sun, and snakes are cold blooded.  :TooFunny:
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

I'm in the same boat. Size 15. Not much to choose from, out there. The good news is, I don't need snake boots where I hunt. We have those pesky snow snakes, but they won't kill ya.. Mike   :TooFunny:
[/quote]

I hear you. Very few choices.

duck, it takes a little more camo to hide a few of us.........lol

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

stinkpickle

Of course!  They come out with the Jackal right after I invest the Pronghorn version...aarrrgghhh.  Any word on pricing?

savduck

Quote from: drenalinld on July 14, 2011, 11:58:16 AM

I'm in the same boat. Size 15. Not much to choose from, out there. The good news is, I don't need snake boots where I hunt. We have those pesky snow snakes, but they won't kill ya.. Mike   :TooFunny:

[/quote]

I hear ya., I dont have room to talk. The southern vittles I have grown up eating stopped at my gut and butt. they didnt make it all the way to my feet, so I know all about needing extra camo. I would  rather have those size 15s in this 113 degree heat than this gut. Dang its hot.
Georgia Boy

boyhowdy

Quote from: stinkpickle on July 14, 2011, 12:22:59 PM
Of course!  They come out with the Jackal right after I invest the Pronghorn version...aarrrgghhh.  Any word on pricing?

me too -- My old Jackals had had it, so I bought pronghorns last year and hate 'em - they're stiff, uncomfortable, and noisy in the woods (compared to Jackals anyway)

Hognutz

Quote from: savduck on July 14, 2011, 12:23:04 PM
Quote from: drenalinld on July 14, 2011, 11:58:16 AM

I'm in the same boat. Size 15. Not much to choose from, out there. The good news is, I don't need snake boots where I hunt. We have those pesky snow snakes, but they won't kill ya.. Mike   :TooFunny:

I hear ya., I dont have room to talk. The southern vittles I have grown up eating stopped at my gut and butt. they didnt make it all the way to my feet, so I know all about needing extra camo. I would  rather have those size 15s in this 113 degree heat than this gut. Dang its hot.
[/quote]

I smell what your steppin' in..I've got the gut and size 15 feet.. But it's not that hot up here.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

gatrkyhntr70

Im happy with my pronghorn snakeboots; but if there going to be in realtree camo I will find something else.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Skeeterbait

As with all Danners they ain't cheap.  List is $210.  BPS and Cabelas lists them for $209.

stinkpickle

Quote from: Skeeterbait on July 14, 2011, 03:57:19 PM

As with all Danners they ain't cheap.  List is $210.  BPS and Cabelas lists them for $209.

Cool.  I guess I should be more concerned about what they'll cost by the time my new Pronghorns wear out, huh?   :D

stinkpickle

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on July 14, 2011, 03:49:50 PM
Im happy with my pronghorn snakeboots; but if there going to be in realtree camo I will find something else.

I don't mind the patterns.  Everything below my knees tends to turn a solid brown mud color after just one outing, anyway.   :D