OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Do you travel to hunt?

Started by mcw3734, March 09, 2024, 05:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedge7767

Jim

Brianb3006

I'm not sure that I fit into any one category. I hunt my personal farm and have a couple permission spots, but I'm surrounded by public where I frequent as well.
I travel work in another state and usually hunt there also if the situation works out, 50/50 split public and private permission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PalmettoRon

H-hunt public and private at home, travel many miles to hunt public and private--private land is either on friend's leases or pay trespass fees--all hunts unguided.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

MS TurkeyHunter

E   however im not against hunting private if someone randomly gives me permission. I have traveled for over a decade and will continue too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OJR

Howie g

I don't fit any of the category's .
Young kids and family business keeps me around home .
I've traveled some in the past , and still hit one extra state every other spring or so .
I have no desire to get the 49 slam or any other slams . I just want to enjoy my time in the timber with my kids
And get after em solo a few times a spring also .

Badger

I will hunt private and public in home state,  hunt on own property in neighboring state and have a lease as well, and hunt in mid-west mostly on friends, but do some public.

jhoward11

Guskie

runngun

Quote from: Old Swamper on March 09, 2024, 10:19:28 PM
Could care less about traveling, and don't pay any attention to those that do. Almost all I run across look the part, but kill very few turkeys. Would not hurt my feelings a bit if my home state of Georgia priced them right out of the game.
Guarantee that you reap the benefits of The EVIL OUT OF STATE HUNTERS" green money. In some way shape or form. Give that a minute to sink in.
That is the attitude to have. I dare a non-resident to come to YOUR STATE to hunt YOUR TURKEYS. HOW DARE THEY.
I ain't hunted YOUR great state YET. BUT now I am coming and "hells coming with me".
Only thing is, I don't look the "part". Don't need to.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Sungrazer

A
B
I enjoy traveling to new areas with different terrain I've never hunted in my home state.I'll hunt one tag local to me and the other two tags somewhere I've never hunted before.
80% Public

Happy

I don't even classify what I do. I just hunt both public and private in two states yearly. If I want to hunt another state, then I go hunt it. I don't worry about numbers and this whole slam thing that seems to be the craze. I just like a change of scenery once in a while and a new experience.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club