OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Be a responsible consumer and Mississippi

Started by arkrem870, March 09, 2024, 10:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruination

Quote from: joey46 on March 18, 2024, 08:27:13 PM
Quote from: dublelung on March 18, 2024, 04:59:15 PM
Quote from: Jbird22 on March 18, 2024, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: joey46 on March 18, 2024, 01:08:21 PM
Reciprocity for all.  Anything else is hypocritical.  Don't want to see any resident of these non-res restricting states in a Florida area such as Big Cypress or any of Florida's three NATIONAL Forest until the season is two weeks old.  As my mother always said "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".  I can't hunt your nationally owned land for the first two weeks you don't hunt mine for an equal period. 
Again, when is the last time you hunted MS?

There's a reason he's dodged that question twice jbird!

Yes there is a reason because it means nothing in this discussion.  If you think it does you are missing the whole point.You have a problem with reciprocity ?
Wonder how many of these boys go to Florida and then north to extend their seasons.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

.410 Favors the Bold

CALLM2U

I like the idea of the reciprocity.  The state you reside dictates the cost you pay for a NR license and when you can start in comparison to the residents. 

If your state jacks up the price for a NR license and holds NR out for 2 weeks, you also feel that when you hunt in the reciprocity state. 

WV Flopper

Pretty obvious that some have an issue with it.

Jbird22

Reciprocity for all.  Anything else is hypocritical.  Don't want to see any resident of these non-res restricting states in a Florida area such as Big Cypress or any of Florida's three NATIONAL Forest until the season is two weeks old.  As my mother always said "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".  I can't hunt your nationally owned land for the first two weeks you don't hunt mine for an equal period. 

Yes there is a reason because it means nothing in this discussion.  If you think it does you are missing the whole point.You have a problem with reciprocity ?
It has everything to do with this discussion. You're giving an opinion on something you have no experience with, just as I expected. If you hunted here, you'd probably understand. Why no mention of Alabama's tougher OOS restrictions?

Jbird22

Quote from: ruination on March 18, 2024, 08:48:31 PM

Wonder how many of these boys go to Florida and then north to extend their seasons.

Never hunted Florida a day in my life.

ruination

Quote from: Jbird22 on March 18, 2024, 08:56:04 PM

And....this was a two part statement lol.

.410 Favors the Bold

Jbird22

Quote from: ruination on March 18, 2024, 08:57:03 PM

Ok..AND I've never hunted in another state after season was closed in my own. Did I miss anything else or are you just out of bullets now? Lol

Jbird22

Quote from: CALLM2U on March 18, 2024, 08:48:59 PM
I like the idea of the reciprocity.  The state you reside dictates the cost you pay for a NR license and when you can start in comparison to the residents. 

If your state jacks up the price for a NR license and holds NR out for 2 weeks, you also feel that when you hunt in the reciprocity state. 
Ok, since we're advocating for reciprocity here..if you come from a state with a 1 or 2 bird limit, then that's all you get when you come to MS. I bet that just slammed the brakes on that now didn't it. The Ark folks come here and get 3 cheaper than I can get 1 for in their state. So YES, reciprocity for ALL on ALL accounts!

ruination

Quote from: Jbird22 on March 18, 2024, 09:01:06 PM

Ok..AND I've never hunted in another state after season was closed in my own. Did I miss anything else or are you just out of bullets now? Lol
But you have hunted other states.

There's no real bullets.  And there's more than one person in this thread.

For example, I have zero desire to hunt MS.  But even I can recognize shitty money grabs.

.410 Favors the Bold

joey46

Reciprocity. A big word that says it all. The day will come when all the non-res discrimination will prove fruitless.  Then shorter seasons and reduced bag limits will be needed but the resident whiners will fight that tooth and nail.  Selfish and hypocritical.   

Jbird22

Quote from: ruination on March 18, 2024, 09:10:40 PM
Quote from: Jbird22 on March 18, 2024, 09:01:06 PM

But you have hunted other states.

There's no real bullets.  And there's more than one person in this thread.

For example, I have zero desire to hunt MS.  But even I can recognize shitty money grabs.

Yes, but you plainly said starting early and extending. I've never done either.

Again, come hunt here and you'll probably understand that something HAS to be done. The reports I've heard from a certain NF here over opening weekend were insane.

Jbird22

Quote from: joey46 on March 18, 2024, 09:12:04 PM
Reciprocity. A big word that says it all. The day will come when all the non-res discrimination will prove fruitless.  Then shorter seasons and reduced bag limits will be needed but the resident whiners will fight that tooth and nail.  Selfish and hypocritical.   
Read reply #82 please...people want to use words like reciprocity when it benefits them for their personal cherry-picked angles. When other unintended angles of reciprocity are presented, the argument tends to fade.

Is it reciprocal that people from other states can come to MS and kill more here than I can in their states? Or should your great debate of reciprocity only apply to license costs?

ruination

Sure.

Put your opener in line with or slightly after others.  That has been shown to be good for the turkeys anyways.

Reduce NR bag limits.

Cut down on permits.

But there absolutely should be reciprocity.  You should pay $500 wherever you go.  Specially since your pushing hunters to other states.
.410 Favors the Bold

arkrem870

CALLM2U

Quote from: joey46 on March 18, 2024, 09:12:04 PM
.... Selfish and hypocritical.

Agreed.  They will say it's about the bird, but they really prefer 20,000 people to kill 10,000 birds rather than 40,000 people kill 10,000 birds.  Because that would mean less for them and more for others.  We can't have that....